No luck at all!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Tip123Q, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey everyone I need some advice. I was wondering if there is anyone that lives in or by Elkhart, IN that can tell me a hot spot for cats ive been trying the St. Joe but I have had no luck at all no matter what I have used they just arent bitting, so If there is a hot spot to hit up around Elkhart or a close county over I would love to hear about it.
    Thanx for any help,
    -Tip---

2. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    sorry buddy im near the wabash over in covington indiana. i will check it out on line and let you know what i can find. i have friend over by there maybe he knows something send me a pm later:wink:

3. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah sweet ok man ill get at ya later thanx

4. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Hey JR, Try not to bumb out. It's been really bad
    for me and many people that I know. There's no
    doubt that we need rain really bad right now. Also
    it's just damn hot. Hopefully someone with more
    experiance than myself will reply with some advice. Eric......?

5. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Thanks for the hand off Larry! Lol But I don't know of any close spots up that way. The Kankakee is to your west, it has some good holes. I have never fished the St Joe, only seen it when going to Notre Dame games. I'm sure the lack of rain is the main problem, there are always catfish around somewhere. Good luck!

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    sorry i havent fished your water bro. but i would tell you to fish hard and fast covering water. it seams to be the only way we can catch numbers when the water is low. dont over look the very small spots like a single log a big rock or smal eddy either! they spread out when its low so you have to too.

good luck & welcome to the brotherhood

7. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tip -- I think nightstalker fishes or has fished the St. Joe up that way before. Maybe send him a pm is he doesn't chime in here.

8. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanx everyone, ive found a spot today where a creek is flowing into the river and at a fast pace at that. I might go try that tonight if the chance for me to comes along. Now not to add another Q but....well ok i am adding another one...should i use a diffrent bait, Ive been usins cut bait (blueGs, and Shinners) u kno something that might get pushed out from the creek?

9. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    look around for good cover and deep holes for cats. or you might try fishing by sandbars in the evening . late night trips