No luck again out at the vine..

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by drews0311, Jul 2, 2007.

1. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    well

my girlfriend wanted to go to a lake with her brother and family, so i suggested lake irvine. no one in the group wanted to fish but i took full advantage of the situation.

we got out there at like 7pm and i started launching some bait about that time. i was fishing with cut mack, stink bait, and night crawlers. periodicaly throught out the night i got hits mostly on the cut mack. but everyone was being loud and drunk so it kinda ruined the experience.

everyone left about midnight so i reeled in all my poles and rebaited, i was excited to finally have some peace and quiet. i tried casting some of the bait deep and some close to shore. i left my bails open and hooked the line to a beer can to signal a bite. i had two big hits but i think i was to drunk by that time to even catch a snag.

anyway thats my little update, has anyone heard any news about irvine or sarl? oh and i was fishing from the west shore all the way at the end of the road by the dam.

joe

2. big taz

big taz New Member

State:
    california
    I have heard all the action has been around the boat dock area and in the newer flooded area south of that between the kids lake and the boat docks..
    They also do well in the flats area.
    Corey

3. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    Hey dude, wait on irvine and go back around the end of sept or oct. The bite is way better and the fish are larger too. Just make sure you have heavier tackle and use bigger baits too. Good luck dude.

4. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    i am sure that the bite has already pick up a bit but i havnt heard anyone posting about it latley