The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See a new regulation in Mo. banning use of ANY live carp for bait. This is going to result in many fisherman getting tickets as I haven't seen it widely discussed anywhere yet.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read it on MDC site. Asked my gamewarden about it and yes, starting in 2021. He doesn't agree with it but like he said, he doesn't make the rules.

·
Administrator
10,464 Posts
I would say the State has determined the only way they can keep people from spreading Asian Carp to every body of water in the state is to invoke this regulation. I might not like it but I can certainly understand it. The sad part is that even if people knew that was the reason for the law, they would spread the live asian carp anyway.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Guys I looked it’s not on the proposed regulation changes For 2021 yet and if they do we have a 30 day window to comment. You can comment or attend a meeting where the comment is recorded and sent to the Secretary of State along with the proposed regulation changes. Any proposed regulation changes have to be submitted to the Secretary of State and undergo judicial review per state law. I will contact Trish Yashker state MDC fish biologist for more info seen this same stuff on social media and yet to see anything yet on proposed regulation changes. Per the MDC site for them as required by law.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
I work with Trish giving her data on spoonbill and lake sturgeon on the gasconade river. I should find out Monday or Tuesday if this is so. If so the need to post it and have meetings for public comment. As far as I know only the black and st Francis rivers below the dams have been declared off limits for carp as bait and that was 2019.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Just got done looking only proposed change is for bow fishing for rough fish. As I said I will contact Trish Monday for more information on it. Will post what she tells me.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nebraska Game and Parks is in the process of killing out silver carp from some of the sandpit lakes along the Platte river that got there during the flooding a while back. The chemical treatment usually kills everything. We already have a regulation that clearly states that you can't bring live bait from one body of water to another. Still there are people that do it anyway.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Troy, did you get a notice from the MDC on this? The way they got it through was to label all carp as invasive species.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
I just got the email and released press release. Yep they snuck it in. After this year gota use them dead.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wonder if they are going to include goldfish later? Common carp were considered naturalize species up until this deal. Guess this way the MDC wouldn't have to mess with any resistance.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
From what I have seen they did not follow the law for wild life code changes. Will be contacting the MDC and the Missouri Secretary of State about this matter.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Got a response from the sos turn it over to the state prosecutors office.
Got a response from the governor office. They looked into it and passed it on to the Director of the MDC wait to hear back from them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
From what I have seen they did not follow the law for wild life code changes. Will be contacting the MDC and the Missouri Secretary of State about this matter.
Any idea when they made this code change? I didn't hear anything about it until the last week or so when they started their little "reminder" campaign.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts