No kayak or canoe here

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by Little Luey, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I fish on a one man pontoon, it is nice to be able to get out there away from the bank and crowds. Here is a picture of my floating device. When I take it out I normally fish for bass and panfish, I have not tried for cats while on it, I figure they would pull me around too much if get a good one.:smile2:

Attached Files:

2. bolivar 0637

bolivar 0637 New Member

State:
    Alma, Arkansas
    Nice looking rig.

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    That would be a blast! Thanks for the picture.

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Nice looking rig, Luey!

I thought about a pontoon configuration, but opted for the kayak for a number of reasons. But if you are enjoying the ride, ride on! :wink:

5. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    It sure beats bank fishing but the thing is heavy and there is this particular body of water that I like that is not very accesible and it is a pain putting it in the water, I have to lower it about 10ft on a 45º incline with a bunch of rocks and loose sand. I think I will be getting me a regular tube for this place.

Other than that it has been very nice, I can move around relatibly fast. One thing I found out is that it is hard to cast being this close to the water.
    I think for me it came down to $$$, my pontoon was $200 and I could not find a new kayak at that price.

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Good choice and good point. I wouldn't suggest low-end kayaks or canoes; you obviously get what you pay for.

Although I didn't have to beg my wife too much, I did get the look. :crazy:

I've been trying to convince her of the great deal I got ever since! :big_smile:

7. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    hay otteroutdoors.com has them for 300.00 and all you have to do is throw some cheap rod holders on and your set up. they sell kits that you can over haul a kayak with. hope you get one ive heard there good for the money.

8. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Howdy Luey,
    Where do you put your cooler for uh ...you know....?
    Bigwhiskers

9. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The cooler goes on the back, there is a black mesh cover behind the seat and I can put a 6-can cooler with no problem.
    I also have an anchor that I tie around either side and while not in use I put it back there also.

10. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just a 6 pack cooler.??????? I would not get far from shore on a six pack. lol That looks like it would be a ball to fish on.

11. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Looks like it would be a blast. I would have to target big cats. Even if they did pull you around a bit. It would be fun.:smile2:

12. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have not yet targeted catfish while on it, just bass and panfish. I am thinking that even a small catfish will be very hard to land. I should just try this season.:wink:

13. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I don't drink while out on the pontoon, I do when I am on the bank. Safety is the reason, you don't want to be tipsy while on 16-20ft of water, that spells trouble.