No joy this morning!!! Skipjack Giveaway!!!

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by TNBigCat, Jul 4, 2008.

1. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    My brother is here from Arizona and we went fishing this morning. We hit the waters at about 4am and stayed until about 8am. Got a couple of nibbles but no takers. I think they were small fish messing with the bait and not really big enough to take it all in. We finally got bored and called. We put in at Trice Landing and went between the Zinc Plant and Smith Branch Landing. The weather looked as if it was going to pour so we finally said we were done. We both used cut Skipjack for bait and mostly fished on the bottom in about 15-20ft of water. We even put a Cat Bobber (the one you can buy here on this website) just to see if we'd have luck in getting a bite with suspended bait. Still no luck. Can anyone please help me and give me some tips as to what time, location, bait, and anything else that might help catch a fish? Thanks in advance for any tips any one can give me.

PS: I have a lot of frozen skipjack I need to get rid of by Monday morning. My wife hit the refridgerator in the garage and I am deploying on Wednesday. I am getting rid of the fridge on Monday. So if you need skipjack please call me or reply and I'll see what I can do to get it to you.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Where are you currently living? are you at Campbell and where are you headed. I am in Iraq with 2BCT. Maybe we will bump into each other.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting rid of the skips.

3. fekum

fekum New Member

State:
    PA
    I live in Clarksville and will be on post for the fireworks today if theyre still available...

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The fishing has been the same for me too. I am trying to figure out what I have been doing wrong. I know there are some fish around just can't seem to get them to bite.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    nick im to far away to pick up the skips but you be careful over there and come home safe.

6. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The blues are not active right now have been out a few times during the day last time spent a good part of the day out and landed four fish that was a couple weeks ago and went the other night wensday, landed one fish at 276 lbs that is it hopefully by the middle of the month and early august they will be more active. I have seen some channels being caught and some flatties. Oh I fish the Tennessee below pickwick dam.

7. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    Well we went again this morning with better luck. We caught a a few 1-2lbs-ers an 8lb and a good one at close to 20lbs. Much better than the last trip. My brother couldn't believe how big the fish were as they barely get to the 2-3lb range in AZ where he's from. He had a good time and can't wait to come back to go fishing again. He is already making his reservations.

Since I had a few skips from last trip I left them in a ziplock bag in a bucket outside since Friday. They were pretty ripe when I opened the bag and I almost puked a few times. I didn't think they would work but my brother kept telling me the more they smell the better they were. I was close to throwing them all out before we got all the bites. Ended up being a good trip.

I gave all the skip jack to Bill from one of the previous posts. Before I got off the computer he was knocking on my door. Not really but he was here there shortly after. Good luck to you Bill and thanks for taking them off my hands. Sorry to those others that I could get them too.

Thanks for all those who have wished me luck on my deployment. This will be a short 60 day deployment like all others I've done. Should be back around Labor Day. Until then... OUT!!!!:cool2: