No home town listed in Profile!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Jun 16, 2006.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    We have had alot of people from Arkansas to Join the B.O.C. in the past few months. This is great!! Most of these same people have not signed in the welcome thread. We would like to hear from you, tell us your Home town. Most just have Arkansas listed in your profile, which is much better than n/a, which I have seen also. Let us get to know you, become a friend to this fine site.

2. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey Top,

These are different times we live in. As much as you would hate to believe it there are people out there who will take advantage of others. Some may even look at this site.
    Now think about some things discussed on our site. Equipment we own, our work schedules, when we are going out of town, who will we leave behind alone, and many other things. Plenty of info to match your last name to your home town (mine pop. 2700) to your address. I don't want to sound paranoid, but a little discretion goes a long way. My .02,
    Jeff

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Hey Top,I have mine up so In case any Brothers are close to me,we can hook up for coffee,BS or FISH!!!

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The poulation of London,Arkansas is 897, I do not see the problem oh well, just my two cents. If you do not trust your neighbors than do not add!!

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,

Hey backwater Jeff, what part of Tennessee are you from? LOL! BTW, if you look at the map you can mapquest it right to my house! BTW do you own any nice stuff? Whens vacation this year?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I will not live in fear, if y'all want to rob me let me know so i can get the wife and kids away and leave the doors unlocked. Please don't damage anything you leave behind. Material goods are nice but please don't harm my family.

6. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    Its not the neighbors that worrys me it's the crack heads.

7. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    yep ise worried . ise worried ima not going to get the chance ta shot dem theves .,honest i refuse to live in america sceart!!! i paid the price, asked .an i will not suscum to any tatics to convence me outherwise .if someone that reads about me on the boc well he aint going to want my stuff anyways but ifin that ever does happen .well he needed it worse than i did any ways ill just get me some more, or borrow some of use guys stuff lol i like gators boat !! alls i would need is bait. lol i aint sceart yall dont be eather. there is someone always watching!!! beleave it!!!

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee

very good point

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    If members dont want to list there home town, at least list the county. This info is helpful when members are posting for help on catching fish in their areas.

10. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    I here ya they just might be carring out more than they want.

11. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    "The poulation of London,Arkansas is 897, I do not see the problem oh well, just my two cents. If you do not trust your neighbors than do not add!!"

I trust my neighbors. It's the folks who drive down country roads looking for things to steal that worry me. Same here.

Places I've lived where I didn't trust my Neighbors:
    Memphis, TN
    Macon, GA
    Nashville, TN
    Montgomery, AL
    North Little Rock, AR
    Sontong City, Republic of Korea
    Norfolk, VA
    Panama City, FL
    Riyahd, Saudia Arabia

Items stolen: Robbed at gunpoint in Memphis in a convience store 1981

Places I've lived where I trusted my Neighbors:
    Atoka, TN (pop 3225)
    Erwin, TN (pop 5610)
    Beebe, AR (pop 4930)
    Knob Noster, MO ( pop 2462)

Items stolen:
    Beebe, AR 14ft jon boat (recovered on little red river) 1985
    It was chained to my carport post.
    Beebe, AR 2 Treestands, 1 cooler, 1 Tent 1988
    Stolen from 4 wheeler, strapped to trailer in driveway. Idiots couldn't figure out how to undo tie-down straps to get 4 wheeler.
    Erwin, TN Naked man with stick chased wife and kids at park 1995. 1 briefcase, 1 toolbox, spare tire and jack 1997. From locked trunk.
    Knob Noster, MO 1 treestand, 2 diawa bait casting rigs, 1 pair of waders, 3 dozen goose decoys 1990 From locked utility room on back porch.
    1 propane grill, 1 patio table and chairs + umbrella 1993 from backyard.
    Atoka, TN 1 cord of split and stacked wood. 1994 (during 2 week power outage due to ice storm, I had wood burning stove) Stored in side lot.

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    You move a lot. Are you in witness protection? Is that you Guido? I remember that naked man incident back in 95. :lol:

13. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I should have followed my own advice about posting too much personal info.:lol:

My wife said she knew why you were carrying the stick, to make up for your "short comings"

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Guido er ah I mean Jeff,

I was born and raised in Beebe. We had a new member from Beebe not long ago but I haven't seen him on in a while.

ST

15. spaceman

spaceman New Member

State:
    Strong, Ar
    OK. I added home town , now anyone wanting company fishing will know where i live. Backwater, I know what it's like to move a lot, 11 bases in 20 years. I've been luckier about getting robbed, had some ankel bitters who would bark at anything, it was easier for thieves to find a house without dogs.

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    seed tick that may have been me. I moved to Beebe from Horseshoe Bend afew months ago Iam originally from Durant Mss been on the move sense 1959 real name Ed H. alas pastor E

17. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Ed, Yeah it's you I was referring to. I hadn't seen you around in a while. Did you move to Beebe to pastor a church? My brother-in-law is the pastor of Garner Baptist Church in Garner. Did you read the reply I made about fishing holes around the Beebe area? I found the link, here it is
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261&page=10

It is post 139

Let me know if you have any question about the area and I'll try to help. I lived there for 43 years. Man that makes me feel old. I never told anybody before that I had done anything 40 years. Oh well I'll be glad to help if I can.

Gotta go it's time for the Taylor vs Wright fight.

ST

18. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Hey Spaceman..If we had known where you were, Metalfisher and I would have invited you along on our afternoon bank fishing trip to Payneway Dam last week.

19. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    There you go Top I added mine, I just didn't think about it before.

20. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    ST I moved to Beebe to be closer to the VA hospital Ihad to retire because of my heath . fill in some for friends . went to Big Bell at Hurcane WMA last wk. But did no good I saw a couple blues caught at the dam same maybe 2 lbs