no flathead catfish being caught

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by jim1961, Jul 20, 2008.

1. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

State:
    W.va
    Went to river last night.Used cut shad no cats runnin.caught small musky and drums anyone catching any flatties

2. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    no, but im going out tonight to try. the bite has been slow on the mon here in morgantown.

3. Katman84

Katman84 New Member

State:
    Wv
    We caught 1 about 8lbs on bluegill and a channel about 3lbs. There was plenty of Gar running though. Also the channel was caught on bluegill.

4. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I am going to try tonight also Jim dont know where yet.My brother and his friends have been catching some small ones.

5. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    Went to the mon sunday from 6pm to 3:20am with no luck. i had a few little runs on the cutbait but no hits on the live gills.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Its a full moon fellas not too many flats going to be biting, it should be better next week

7. littlecat

littlecat New Member

State:
    west virginia
    went sun night with a bucket of live gills and bullheads not one run used cut gills and live. also live bullheads.

8. WestVaMan

WestVaMan New Member

State:
    Okinawa Japan
    did the rivers clean up any since all the storms from the 4th?

9. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Yeah they are cleared up.Still very slow bite but I would bet money that they are biting in the early daylight hours.If I can get my lazy butt out of bed Fr I am going to hit the river before work.

10. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    we went to hinton on sunday and waded there at the spill way and i caught a smaller channel and so did misty and another guy on nightcrawlers. this one guy was using softshell and caught about 6-8pound flattie.. went from about 730-330am sat night and only 2 small ones were caught, misty caught her second flattie that night:wink: there was a total of 25 lines out that night and NADA.... SO hopefully this recent rain will help

11. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    where were you fishing that the gar was running?