No fishing this weekend-Getting Married

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by captmarty, May 15, 2008.

1. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I DON'T GET TO FISH THIS WEEKEND FELLAS! I AM GETTING MARRIED. I GUESS IT WILL BE OK-I HAVE A VERY GOOD WOMAN THAT I AM MARRYING. WHEN I GET BACK OFF OF HONEYMOONING, YOU BETTER BELIEVE THAT I WILL BE IN THE WATER WITH THE NEW BOAT! DOES ANYBODY RECOMMEND A GOOD SCENIC PLACE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN THE MOUNTAINS?? THAT IS WHERE WE ARE GOING ON OUR HONEYMOON!

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Marty congrats on the marriage coming up sounds like you have your self a fine gal lol I believe when I get married, instead of going the hotel for honeymoon im going to take her to the lake lol, good luck and hope you all have a happy life together.

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Congratulations and enjoy! Which mountains are you going to?

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A new boat and a new wife. I'm bettin ya got the boat before the decision was made. LOL! Congrats to ya both.:cool2:

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Tell you what,for only a small fee I will be willing to come down and operate and maintain your new boat for you because YOU wont be using it ever again.:big_smile::eek:oooh::smile2:please immediately change the subject line of this thread to "I dont ever get to fish again fellas because I am getting married"Hehehehehehehehehe.I was going to suggest Asheville NC in the mountains and Lake Lure specifically for the scenic spot ,but upon reflection that would be a cruel suggestion.Send a man to a beautiful lake ,full of fish knowing that he will never get that close again!!!!!:tounge_out:In any case you wont be the first man that made the supreme sacrafice!!!!!!!Good Luck:big_smile:pS when she cleans out the garage and tells you to get rid of that nasty old fishing equipment,I'll make you a fair offer for it.:smile2:

6. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yea-i got the boat before we made the decision! i trying to get all i can bget now before saturday!! LOL :cool2:

7. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    she better not tell me to clean out the garage! i know i will get to fish just like i normally do because she know that i love fishing and she also likes to fish! i am not sure exactly where we are going in the mountains?? i let her plan all that mess! i just know that we are staying at some cabin called Stonebridge!! I won't be in the river this weekend but i will be fishing some while i am in the mountains!!:wink:

8. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i'm not sure-we are staying at some cabin called Stonebridge!!:embarassed:

9. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    thanks buddy-i am sure we will! we have been together for a long time now!! That is what i tried to talk her into-instead of going to the mountains we can go to the river all week!!:wink::roll_eyes:

10. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    congrats and hope you get back on the water soon, to test if she is gonna let you keep fishing as much tell her you want to trout fish while in the mtns and see what kind of reaction you get :smile2:

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    >>>!!*******NO FISHING THIS WEEKEND-GETTING MARRIED*******!!<<<

And this means you won't go next weekend or the ones after that either, LMAO!!!

Sure.... they say that they are ok with your fishing and hunting habits but, deep down they hate it and will do anything they can to stop it once they get that ring on your finger:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:!!!

I guess congratulations are in order here.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Everyone pretty well said what I was gonna say so I'll just say a big ole

CONGRADULATIONS!!

Best of luck too the both of you.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    This will be one fishing trip, to the alter, you want forget. Congrats to you and the bride.

14. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yea-i am sure i won't forget this trip down the alter! Yea-i have already tested her a little bit-i said i was gonna go trout fishing while i was up there and she kinda gave me this weird look!! She will get over it-i wil slip out and go throw my pole in the water some! it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission!!!:wink:

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Don't kid yourself, LOL!!! She will use it against you in future dissagreements, trust me... I know, LMAO!!!

That wierd look was a warning .. Not To Do It!!!!

16. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Totally agree with your idea of throwing your pole in the water some.Might as well throw all of them in because trust me you wont need it anymore!!!:big_smile::smile2::roll_eyes:That weird look is a warning symptom.:smile2::big_smile:

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Can you hear that SUCKING SOUND???? If you listen, you can hear it !!!
    It is the life being sucked out of your future fishing trips, LOL!!!!

18. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Be better off just going fishing. Well let's hope it all works out. Just kidding. CONGRATS!!!!!

19. johnboy

johnboy New Member

State:
    Columbia SC
    congrats man...I am getting married on December 6, so I will be looking for lots of fishing reports from you, so I can prove to myself that there is indeed hope for future!!! Now, if you are going to be in the nc area around the Great Smoky National Park....dude....you gotta take a day trip and go to Cades Cove ....turkeys, deer, BEARS, everywhere!!! All kinds of awesome stuff there and the prettiest place you've ever seen!!!! Congrats again.

20. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Congrats on getting married. Just stick to your guns and let her know she can't stop you from fishing. Trust me on this one, neither of my X-WIVES could stop me. LOL