No Fishing License.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ozzy, Sep 7, 2008.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Well I stopped at the local pond after work today for a bit. The warden was pulling up as I parked. I know this guy pretty good. I pulled out my license and went to hand it to him and he just waved me on. First person he comes up to had a fake license and was using a baby LM bass as bait. I was standing close enough to hear everything, ouch. He told him to report tomorrow at the game warden headquarters Second person fishing next to him had 2 poles out without a second pole stamp, Yatzee a hundred dollar fine. Next to him was 2 guys fishing without licenses. These 2 dummys asked me if you need a license to fish, I said out loud "Hell ya you need a license to fish here, well the warden looked over and saw that they had poles in the water. They went to reel them up as was told "Dont go anywhere." I just had one pole with me and a spinner going after gills so I was mobile and stood close enough to hear the conversations. 4 people fishing side by side, only two were together. All got a present today, :smile2:

2. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    You gotta wonder sometimes the mentality of some people:smile2:. Can't say im suprised though. Thanks for the story.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    What's the old saying, mess with the bull sooner are leater you'll get the horn and does it hurt SOMETIMES

4. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    They oughta try and do right and wouldn't get in so much trouble.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice to see some lawbreakers getting thier fair share once in a while.:smile2::smile2: I see folks fishing without lisc. here all the time and have yet to see a warden checking.

6. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    Reminded me of a time when I was young and dumb. (not young any more)
    A friend and I decided we would go kill a deer one night. We knew just where to go. A place called the Buckshot Road. My friend was driving and I was shining the light. We came up on a big open field and I shined my big Qbeam right on a game wardens truck. He was sitting there waiting for some dummy to come through spotlighting. He didn't give us a ticket when he caught up with us, but he did take us to the jail and call our parents to come get us. I think id rather have had a ticket :(

Since that, I have been strictly by the book.

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I think everyone knows you need a tag to fish or hunt. People are just cheap and lazy

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I guess all the times I called is paying off. During trout season it gets really bad. There was a lady that would have 4 poles, caught her more than once. I just walk right up to them and take a pic along with a pic of there license plate and email them to the warden. A fully loaded fishing license is only $4.33 a month. The thung is I bet I see again this winter doing the same thing. :angry:

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    It pays to comply.
    BB in SC

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    here it would be.....uh lets see 17.50 or 100.00 plus surcharge & tax....DUH!(LOL) Better there wallets then ours right:wink:

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    It's just not worth it, don't know why people even risk fishing without, helk the license is the cheapest part of fishing and hunting!!!???:confused2:

12. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    You get caught out here in cali with out a licence i belive the fine is 250.00 dollar's and a 100.00 per fish if you have caught any:eek:oooh: So buy a licence and be safe.:smile2:

13. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use to fish below an outlet at Keyston Lake in Oklahoma, and this a major fishing spot, sometimes a 100 people there, game warden walks up and 1/2 of them are no longer fishing. Amazing.

14. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    we pay ouer dues and get ouer lisens thay are no better than us i dont feel sorry for theam at all lol:cool2:

15. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds to me like they have a gambling problem! lol :crazy:

16. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice Avatar Jack....when I started scrolling down, I seen all that pretty hair and thought ....oh WOW who's this new HOT MAMA!!!.............LOL then I seen the beard......bummer!:crazy:

17. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use to fish at a Steamplant where people would try just about anything until they got caught. I noticed one time that 2 guys were stretching nets across the channel coming out of this place. Which is a big no-no. I made several complaints to the local wardens. One day I was fishing here and the 2 guys were back and was running their nets again. All of a sudden 2 wardens came running down the bank and with binoculars. They flagged down a boat and went out to the 2 guys and confiscated their boat and nets. The last I saw of these two guys, they were being put into the back of the wardens vehicles. Crime doesn't pay!!!!!!!
    Also one time at the same place.....the little stripers were running really good and a couple of guys that I went to school with, had over 50 little stripers in their live well. The limit in Tennessee is 2 per day with minimum 15". None of these fish were legal. I told them if they got caught, that there was a $500.00 per fish fine. They said they didn't care...they were keeping all of them. I told them I was going to turn them in....when all of a sudden the warden pulled into the parking lot. I started waving at him and shouting ILLEGAL FISH....ILLEGAL FISH.....ILLEGAL FISH....you should've seen how fast them good ole boys started throwing them back in........LOL. I abide by all of the regulations and so should everyone else!:smile2:

18. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Just don't understand some people. Glad you started this thread it reminded me that I have to stop a Wal-marts on the way home from the airport and get my new license. Mine has expired since I left for work.

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Yup it doesnt pay to poach. Thats what I call anyone that I catch, A Damn Poacher. I just wish more folks that I fish with would be more aggressive and say what they want to say. This time it was 5 people in 3 groups and only 1 person was legal.

20. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    A game warden friend of mine showed up at one of my favorite holes one day. He called me over to his car and popped the trunk. In there were several poles and a half dozen tackle boxes full of gear, including hundreds of dollars worth of lures. He said it happens all the time. People with no license see him coming and take off running, leaving their stuff behind, to avoid a $50-75 fine. He said one guy that morning took off and left all his stuff....and his car, and ran into the woods. Ha,Ha,Ha :smile2: