No fishermen in Arkansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by squirtspop, Aug 21, 2007.

1. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Just went thru all the posts. I saw Ohio, North Carolina, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana even some California but no Arkansas. Did all the people who fish in our state move to one of the other ones?

Ya'all better get some reports in or I'll get the Top Sarge after ya.

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    You want a report? The Arkansas River at Little Rock was flowing 68,000cfs today; supposed to be 74,000cfs tomorrow. I've tried fishing the river when it's like that. It's not only dangerous, but I didn't catch any fish. :sad2:

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Well, I would give you a report, BUT- Kinda hard sitting here with a torn up leg in a leg brace, with the boat sitting in the yard, and the pocket book empty! If i did try to get out on the water, I would have Trisha and Gardenhawk ponching on me like that 4-wheeler did wanting to know what the heck i thought i was doing! These women folk insist on me taking care of myself- that way maybe i will be able to give you a report later from the luxury of the boat instead of the recliner!!:big_smile:

4. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Heat Wave! I don't think no body wants to fish in this 105" weather heat index 115'. At night it is around 85" Terriable I tell ya. We need rain and a cold front. I was going over the Arkansas River bridge and it looked ok to me. There were boaters out on the water. And no Cntryboy is to stay off his feet for another 5 weeks or until the Doc tells us more next week. :eek:oooh::roll_eyes::confused2::big_smile:

5. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    This is my official no-report, report:eek:oooh::smile2: We haven't had time to fish pop's. I been all over the place on the tournament trail and going again on sep 7th and 8th to cabela's classic. So we gotta conserve on gasoline right now:tounge_out: However after that you'll start hearing from some of us around this area of the state. I am not the only one doing the same thing. Thank's for the concern pop's:cool2:

6. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I have no fish to report. I got to go first. Helping take of my DAD who is real sick right now.:sad2:

7. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    WENT SATURDAY NIGHT ON GREERS FERRY FISHING FOR WHATEVER WOULD BITE WITH MINNOWS.2 BOATS 4 PPL,ONE BOAT CAUGHT 6 CRAPPIE 1 WALLAYE 2 HYBRIDS.THE OTHER BOAT CAUGHT 25 HYBRIDS AND 12 CRAPPIE.THE BOATS WERE ANCHORD AND ABOUT 30 YDS APART.WE WERE FISHING 15-30' DEEP IN 40 ' WATER.ONLY FISHED ABOUT 2 HRS SO WE DID OK I THOUGHT EVEN THOUGH IT WASNT BIG RIVER CATS IT WAS FUN :)

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    At least you got something to bend your rod and smell up your hands.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Chuck, I'm the same as Sam. We've been fishing tournaments and got to go fishing at Scranton one time in between. We have a couple of tournaments coming up in September then after that maybe the river will be down and we can get after some fish here local.

10. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Chuck,
    I'm still here just not doing anything in the way of fishing. I started working on my ole flatbottom the week of the fourth and it's not finished yet. On a positive note, I just bought an older Tracker TX-17 and it's ready to go. As a matter of fact, I hit the river for a couple of hours last Saturday afternoon. Only got two bites but I didn't fish my good spots. I was mainly checking out the boat and making sure it was river ready before this coming Saturday morning. If nothing happens to prevent it, I plan on being on the river heading for my good holes as soon as you can see well enough to run. Hope to have a good report sometime Saturday. In the mean time, like you i
    'm wondering where all the reports are.