No Fish Today.

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by PeeDee Cat, Apr 4, 2009.

1. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Put in at Society Hill landing a little a 7 am went up river and fished for several hrs. had one bite but lost it. It bit like a small cat the only bite I had. Well I guess that is the way it goes some of the time. But the day was not a total loss I got to meet BlackWaterKatz he was up river doing his thing for the DNR. I saw him going up the river and I hoped that I could catch him coming back down and I did. We chated for a few minutes and he had to get on back to Andrews.I hope to see him again somewhere on the PeeDee in the future. Called Bill and he said that they had caught a few. He called me back several hrs. later and said they had six in the boat. I sure am glad somebody caught some fish. Well as the old saying goes better luck next time on my part. Will try it again monday.

PEEDEE CAT

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We put in at Blues and went downstream. Water was runnin' pretty hard. 61 degrees. Yes, we ended up with six between 3 and 8 pounds. 2 blues, 2 channels and 2 flatties. They are all cleaned and cut into nuggets already. Actually ate some of them tonight. VERY good fish. We fished with mostly fresh dead bream. I marked lots of fish today, and caught them about 75% of the time I saw them on the fish finder. I was hoping for a biggun' or two for my crew today, but they had a ball anyhow. Didn't lose a rig all day! :smile2: Hopefully, we can put some time in together on the water next week, Greg!

Bill in SC

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, guys. The river was high and rising a little when I was there. Greg, it was nice to meet you and put a face with the name. Nice setup you have there, btw. Sorry I didn't get close enough to shake hands, but I didn't want the current to push my boat into your lines.
    Bill, I'm glad you guys got some fish. As I told PeeDee Cat, I fished for a few minutes with some frozen herring; only had one bite. A big flathead took the head section, and I ended up with a broken rod. It was trying to wrap around every log on the bottom, and I was horsing him along too hard in that heavy current or something. Brand new rod that I mounted a recently purchased Penn 209 reel on. After the rod broke, he was wrapped so hard I ended up breaking off. I did get a look at him once, and it would have easily been my pb flathead. :sad2:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <he was wrapped so hard I ended up breaking off. I did get a look at him once, and it would have easily been my pb flathead. >

That was surely a heartbreaker, Tommy!. Y'all weren't too far from where peglegreb caught his 60 pound flattie. There's a heap of bigguns in there, and I have had many broken lines too.

Bill in SC