No fish? or bad luck?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Wickedbreed, May 5, 2006.

1. Wickedbreed

Wickedbreed New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey guys i dont know if its just me or what but i have been fishin liike 8 hrs diff lakes EVERYDAY! and i just aint catchin the cats! i have caught bass bluegill perch gar and more but it seems there are no cats for me here.....went to reflection lake and my uncle caught a 30# flathead on a dead bluegill and that was the only one caught last week at all any help is def appreciated!!!

2. Wickedbreed

Wickedbreed New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This may be a stupid question but im new to this site and catfishin is there a spot here that will tell me what and how to rig a carolina?? :embarassed:

3. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
  4. Wickedbreed

Wickedbreed New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well im not sure what its called but i use 2 swivels about 6-10 inches from one aother and i put the weight on top usually 1-2 oz and the hook on bottom 4-0-6-0 the biggest i can find and use gill heads and liver usually....the lake i like fishing at is reflection lake on usi campus and it has to run off like little streams coming into it i will try to get a pic or draw one so you all know what i mean....i will def look at that page for more info

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Well, there are more "depends" here than a retirement home.

The location has a lot to do with it. Time of day plays a part, and obviously you have to have a good population of fish in the lake.

Bank fishing is a lot tougher because you are many times limited on where you can fish and it can be a lot harder to determine underwater structure and countours. Many times the best bank fishing is 10 feet from the shore at night, so you have to be careful not to scare off fish.

Personally I would not spend too much time in one place, even if you are in a boat, if there is not a bite. Move on after 30 minutes or so if you are not getting the fish you are after.

6. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Yes, moving around is the key!!! Very good advice guys! Good luck.