No fish is safe anymore!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by kyleco55, Feb 23, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    well i was browsing around on craigslist lastnight and came across a boat.. went and picked it up today.. its an old intruder ski boat with trailer and motor.. the interior needs some minor work, as does the motor.. i got it all for $300.. had to get 2 new trailer tires, and pulled er home.. ill be sure to post pictures hopefully tomorrow! also ill add some to the boat board, as im planning to customize it for fishing.. hopefully i can get this puppy looking good for under a grand total!

2. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Now you also need a name for the boat! :wink:

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Congrats on the new edition. Vern

4. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    got out to shelbyville today and snapped a few pictures of the new boat.. it aint pretty or fancy, but pretty aint what catches fish:wink:

plus like i said before, i only got 400 in it so far..

Attached Files:

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what is supposed to be wrong with the motor? it looks to be a 120 or 140 hp . both are good engines but the fist thing you need to do is look it over real good and make sure there are no external cracks from it not being winterized properly..

6. kelly7286

kelly7286 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    not too bad bro... :0a22::cool2:

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
  8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
  9. kyleco55

State:
    Central In

i was told it needs a good tune up.. hasnt been ran in 2 years.. the motor does turn over, not sure of any cracks yet

10. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    as far as the interior, the floor feels pretty solid, but the lounge seats are missing. .walmart has new ones for 170 each but since i want it to fish, ill probably just get standard type seats that are alot cheaper.

the trailer isnt a perfect match.. i need to add a few more bunks for better support, and also a heavier axle/suspension is needed ( the tires bow in at the top). need to get new lights and wiring.

so ill get to work on those few things in the coming weeks, add some pole holders, bait tank, and a cooler.. then ill be ready to go..

well after spending 3/4 day at the BMV .......... :(

one more thing, anyone know indianas specific laws on trailers? the trailer has NO VIN or serial number, therefore no title yet.. im planning on calling the sheriff once i get the trailer finished the way i want it, just wondering if its legal to pull without it?

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a great project! Good luck with the boat and keep us updated

12. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    no its not legal as the state police will pull you over for not having trailer tags your best bet would to have the sherriff come out inspect it and he will give you a paper to take to the bmv then you can register it properly

13. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey kyleco if you get it up and running I can pull it down to the gathering for ya if need be I got a pick up truck now

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dont know bout indiana but here in arkansas you can register it as homemade if it has no vin numbers.

15. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
  16. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    The any PD or/& the BMV can give you the papers for an VIN#. I pulled a travel trailer back from FL that had a title but no VIN.

17. kyleco55

State:
    Central In

tony actually, I may take you up on that offer! right now i dont have a truck.. i may be able to use dads, but then again memorial weekend, ill need to use his to go to dale hollow.. so if your willing to pull it to the river, that would be nice... i can help you out with fuel cost

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kyle congrats on the boat find. The pics look good. With a little TLC you will be on the water. Enjoy.

19. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You cant use that on the White River!!! LOL.. Looks good... Thats what my next project is.. to find me a fixer upper..

20. kyleco55

State:
    Central In

yeah i figured it was a little too big for the white river.. oh well, now i can learn the ohio, and i can stop spending 150 a day to rent pontoons at dale hollow.. i can also get out on brookville and monroe better

give a little.. take a lot