No Fish In West Point

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by river1214rat, Jul 5, 2008.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Are they spawning? Have they packed their little suit cases and moved? Do they have GPS and know I am fishing and hide? Lean Gene the Fishing Machine and I went out yesterday, no bites..no nibbles..nada! The current was brisk, river up at 17 ft. We got tired of fighting the current and went to the Salt. Fished at the mouth, nothing there but 4 drunk a$$ holes in a boat too small. They were attempting to fish, 2 fell out of the boat while we were there, luckily they back right back in. I did not want to dive in and save these degenerants. :angry: They were yelling and cussing at everyone pulling into the Salt. Had enough of the drunks, and went back into the Salt..no fish..started to sprinkle then the skies opened up. CAlled it a day and went home. Oh yeah, got back to West Point, heard 4 drunks capsized their boat and were stranded on someones dock! :tounge_out:

Is anyone else fishing near West Point??? Are you catching anything? Have I lost my groove??? :eek:oooh:

Linda

2. Kmann

Kmann New Member

State:
    Crestwood, Kent
    My feeling is that we have had more than the usual amount of rain and lower temps the past few weeks, I think it might be starting and stopping their spawn. Just a thought.

3. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I agree with you, the river has been up and down, lots of rain. She is dropping today to 14 ft and going back up monday to 19 ft. Everytime we think she will settle down, has to go back up again! :sad2:

4. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I agree the river has been playing with us all year.I caught some of the best bait in a year or two there at West Point and never got a bite on it. It now sits in the freezer waiting on the river to :wink: run it's course lol. As the terminator would say "I'll be back".

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am happy that you were able to get out there on the Big O. Thanks for sharing and I hope those drucks stay off of your dock

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Theres nothing happing around Madison In. either,bad as I have ever seen it !!! :crazy:

7. villcat

villcat New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I havent any luck lately myself, Ive been heading out around 6-7ish and hitting the area between farnsley mormon and westpoint with no luck other then the random 10-15 lb cat. Many nights with no bites at all. I usually get out at least twice a week.

8. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have always done better in the first few hours of day light myself. I rarely ever fish for cats in the dark.

9. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Chris, Welcome to the BOC...so much to learn, so much fun to be had!!! hopefully the river will settle down; we are planning a get together 7/19/08. Meet at Salt River boat dock between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm. Leave at 7:00 for a great night of fishing. :big_smile:

Linda

10. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    I went out yesterday . fished between Wolf Creek and Brandenburg. Caught lots of baitfish, but only 2 small channels.River was full of junk and appears to be rising. I will try again friday night.