No fish + Drunk Drivers = great trip!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by BGRUMBLES, Aug 6, 2007.

1. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    So fishing has really been dry for me this year.....not sure what the deal is with the lakes but it isn't good at all. Alum creek, only went twice, but it was terrible.

Hoover was great on two occassions and bad this last time. Had two solid runs and caught one 2 lb. fish in 4 hours or so...got rained on....just a crappy trip. The most shocking this year is the struggle to net shad for me....last year and earlier this year I could boat around hoover and literally throw 10 times and have bait for the whole night. ON july 4th weekend I netted about 30 good shad and we caught 10 or 12 decent fish and one really nice channel (truckin 4x4 and myself). Well I took capt. culver and his brother out thinking we would have a great trip and it stunk....the water was 10 ft. down and the fish were just not having it....i am really confused.

Anyway...on the way home capt. culver was driving my boat...and as we started towards home we both were thinking at the same time: nothing but drunks driving around at 230 am on a friday night. I put my belt on and just keep with the small talk. Anyway....about 1 mile from the storage unit where I keep my boat....a drunkard completely drives into the middle of the road....then stops....as we are doing 40mph. He was kind enough to stop after we started fish tailing my boat and sliding all over the road.....so courteous. the guy was leaving a bar parking lot we passed that was in a strip mall....we literally avoided a major collision by inches....and I am surprised we didn't go off the road...my boat did...but we pulled through. All I know is had we been t boned and I gotten out able to walk I would have went to jail for what I would have done to that driver.....I was so upset it was unreal to me how stupid some people are. I am BLESSED to still have a boat in good order...to still have josh's truck (capt. culver), and most of all that we both are safe and able to hang out again saturday night....

Just a real scare and I can say my adrenaline hasn't whipped in that bad since the army days....anyway just a scare I figured i would share. If anyone ever needs a ride....capt. culver is a hell of a driver so jump in and feel safe lol.

ben

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad yall came through it alright man.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sorry bout your fishing report but glad your still able to post it.be safe and stay fishing till the drunks have passed out.

4. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio

that's what I usually do.....stay out til 7 am or so.....but the guys I was with have relatively new and almost new families so leaving early was very understandable....to be honest we were lucky to stay out as long as we did lol.....anyway glad we are safe as well

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glad your story had a good ending.:big_smile:

6. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Glad that you didn't have a bad wreck and sorry the fishing was bad. Maybe next time will be your time to catch the heck out of them.
    Bill

7. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glad to hear you are safe!!! But what is more stupid is the people who are sober and on cell phones, reading a book, puttin on makeup, eating, talking to person in back seat, rubber necking , or should of left 5 minutes earlier. My wife and I are appraisers and drive 2-3 thousand a week and about once a week one of the following listed above about nail us. But the scariest incident was when we were on vaction in New Mexico it was late at night and black ice everywhere, for some reason I got a strange feeling about truck behind me so I decided to let him pass me well , he tried and done a 180 and came right at us head on but by slowing down I was able to get in other lane and he passed us coming at us in our lane and went in ditch, normally I would stop but I seen hime whip a uie out of ditch and back on road !!! Guess what the SOB passed us again!!!:smile2: