No fish, but a beautiful day

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Slatebar, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I caught Bluegills this AM at a local lake. Got on the Gallipolis Pool about 1:00 PM, I fished a few places I have been wanting to try and just never got around to it. BUSTED, only had a couple bites all day. Even with catching no fish it was a very enjoyable day just being on the water.
    While catching bait at the lake I saw a nice Musky working the shallows near shore. I first thought he was one of the grass carp but when he got closer I got a good look at him. Looked to be about 40 inch or better. Was interesting watching him, Bluegills and minnows went into panic when he was near. I bet he was the baddest dude in the lake .:smile2:

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I love catching fish and am competitive by nature....but I can agree that sometimes a great day is one where you just enjoy nature and being out on the water. Im sure you will get them next time, but any day on the water is better than one off. :roll_eyes:

3. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    That's the reason for the old quote: A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Maybe you should have tried for that Musky? :big_smile:

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Seems if your not catchin anything, a great appearence or somethin happens LOL! That sure is a monster.. thanks for sharing the trip.

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    some times its nice just to get out and be out there and see things that you mite not of if you there to fish em hard:cool2:

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    No fish, but a beautiful night would be my thread. Every now and then, I get skunked, but it is still a beautiful night out there. Shooting stars, constalations, owls, fish chaseing shad, waves, various critters, fresh air, peace and quiet, what else could you ask for?

7. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Aint it great... gotta love the outdoors

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Days like that are great even if there is no fish caught. Thanks for sharing.