No Electricity!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kkyyoottee, Sep 11, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You wake up and notice no alarm clock ,you flick the switch no lights!!! Now what!!! You call power company and they say it will be 3 months before you and the 48 states around you will have power again!!! Could you handle this and how? It could happen!!! Are you prepared?

2. Skunk River Cat

Skunk River Cat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Let's hope something like that doesn't happen. I gotta generator, but can't imagine running er for 3 months. That would kinda suck.

3. CatFishingFinatic

CatFishingFinatic New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What would we do with out the BOC for 3 months? Everything else would be fine.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sure ,just run out and get a propane refridgerator and freezer,already have a coleman stove and propane smoker and a charcoal grill, just need to make coffee in the mornin andwait till daylight to read the paper lol.

5. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now where ya going to get fuel for it? I have a generator also but she goes thru 7 gallon in 10 hours!! I dont think we realize how dependant we are on the electric. Kinda scarey!!! :confused2:

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi

did you just come up with this , or did you read or hear about the possibility?
    all i can say is it would be a big life altering ordeal.
    you could live off a lot of rice and grain, vegtables etc. without the need of a fridg. or freezer . i would convert my grille to take natural gas to cook with.
    hope this would be in the summer and not in the dead of winter.

7. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    but with out electricity they couldnt run the pumps to pressure up natural gas!!! Sorry my brain wonders if not occupied!!! but it is scarey to think about!!!

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I think we have about 5000 homeless doing it everyday here in las vegas.

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    3 months...

I'd punch someone in the head repeatedly until the problem is rectified.

10. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'd be buying stock in Duracell

11. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ok, we can survive, but I aint gonna be happy bout it!:angry:

No puter? How would I survive without laughing at (I mean with) you guys?

Guess I better stock up on books to read. Cause no way to get gas in car to go to school, no work either. (work in a convienence store. No electricity, no way to pump gas.)

Plant a garden and cook over open fire. I could go about 2 weeks before someone would die!:wink::smile2:
    Be a nice vacation though!

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Could you also wear a pink rabbit costume while playing the drums? It doesn't have to be amplified, but we're gonna need some entertainment :smile2:.

13. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's ENERGIZER! But that would be a pretty funny bunny!:crazy::smile2:

14. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Why we'd be just fine. The U.N. would band together and we'd have relief coming in from China, Russia, all the Arabic nations, Israel, Argentina, Brazil, Columbia,(Oh I hope..), Britain, Australia, all the other lil nations that couldn't make up their minds if they were Nazi's or not in WW2...and don't forget Vietnam & South Korea. There would be parachutes falling with supplies; and the "Big Drop Candy Mountains".

God loves an optimist.

:smile2:

15. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Electricity,running water and store bought food has been a luxury all of my life.Never a necessity.Lack of any or all would have just been a inconvenience.I kept well over 3 months of food which helped when I got disabled.Now that I can not control my body temperature,I would most likely die in the heat or cold with out electricity.Being that I ate most of that food,I might well go hungry.I have 3 months of fat to live off of.My skinny wife might starve.As long as I can find a insect or a mouse,I will not starve.If I ran out of insulin,who knows?I am so far overdue on this dieing thing that I check the trees in the yard every day for Buzzards just in case I missed my death.I would miss and worry about each of you very much along with the rest of my family.I see this as my worst possible personal problem with no electricity.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Uh, check THIS out. I did a Google search before I posted that, just to make sure :wink:.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duracell_Bunny

Guess I'm older than you girl!

17. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    :smile2:Well guys.I guess it is pretty clear.You have to shoot your wife on the 13 day if you are to survive!Don't know why,but this did not surprise me.:wink:I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

18. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Boots.Just keep a toking what you are smoking and you will never miss a thing when the power goes off.You won't miss the 3 months either.:smile2:I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Not necessary true everywhere. Some natural gas companies power their pipeline compressors with gas fired turbines and gas engines. So some areas wouldn't lose natural gas. But food would be the major problem for city people.

I spent the first 14 years of my life without electricity and wife was 12 before they had electricity but we lived on farms.

20. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It would be FUN!!! Like a great big campout. Sure, Sheila would be unhappy, but I would be out hunting, and gathering all day every day. Hopefully, I could stock up on a couple hundred propane bottles for some lighting. I think I could easily live in a tent for 3 months depending on which months they are. Winter would kinda suck because i don't have a wood burning stove, but I'm sure we would find a way to survive. That would be the main goal...to survive. Happiness is a frame of mind. Once the original depression from being cut off from devices of entertainment, and communication wore off, things might get easier.....MIGHT.:smile2: