No depth

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by goingfishin, Apr 18, 2008.

1. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong? My depth finder works great as long as I am going under 10 mph or so. But when I go over 10 mph it will not pick up the depth it will just flash at me. I have tried ajusting the sensitivity and that did not make a bit of differance. A friend of mine has a lawrance just like mine and does not have any problems. Any advice?

2. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    You may need to adjust or re-position your transducer due to turbulence.

3. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    He's right the turbulence can really screw with it!

4. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Where should I put it? I have it right at the water line. Should I move it up or down. Thanks for the help!:big_smile:

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    What kind is it? Most models you can download the manual on line. But most show 1/8" below the hull and not in line with anything on the bottom that will cause air bubbles .
    Also take a straight edge and lay on the bottom of the hull. And make sure the unit is straight with the hull also. As if its not that can cause problems.
    Pete
    Pete

6. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Lower it just a tad..NOT TO MUCH

7. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    transducer should be with the foot of the transducer 1/2 or the middle of the transducer beneath the hull line at least 1 ft from the motor and not inline with the rivets if on aluminum boat