No catfish today

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, Aug 18, 2006.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    It was one of those days. About a quarter mile before i get to my honey hole, the road is closed for repairs. Decided to try a new spot, big O there, not even a bite. Not wanting to give up yet, i tried a third spot that usually produces, some small cats, O, Ziltch, Nada. Well i packed it all up, on the way home i hit a pothole the muffler falls off. Cant get much worse right??? Wrong, Get home log on to the BOC, and still no avatar for our sister Catgirl. Think ill take a nap. :sad_2a:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Better luck next time brother, it happens to the best of us. Just keep at it, you never know when you try a new spot.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thats OK Steve least you wern't home holding down a CHAIR You were fishing! Great thanks for sharing. J.D.Straka :big_smile:

4. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Sorry to hear about your muffler!
    Lisa

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    fishing is always fun whether you catch anything or not. good luck next time to ya!

6. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    I understand the feeling completely. Seems like Murphy's law works overtime.

I had a bunch of bad things happen a couple of weeks back on a fishing trip that really had the steam pouring from my ears. Got to the lake launched the boat, got to the spot I wanted to check with the depth locator, things were not right on the locator. Everything was messed up from how I had set it, the depth was reading in meters instead of feet etc etc. Took me 30 minutes or more to get it back the way I had it. My nephew had(on the previous trip) just been punching buttons on it to see what all would happen. I had told him twice not to fool with the locator. Anyway, he got everything messed up. I was fuming over the valuable fishing time I was having to waste, to try and get my locator back the way I had it.

Then, I try to get a rod out of the rod locker and it is hung up (near the tip) with another rod or two (up in a non visible area) so I cannot get that rod out. So, I try to pull another rod out and it is hung with another rod also. I had about 6 rods in this locker and it ended up that I had to try and get all of them out at once, just to get one rod. It was a pain in the butt for sure. Don't know how much fishing time was lost just trying to get a rod out but it was quite a bit.

Then, a little later, I have a limb line hook snag one of my rigs and just about take it over board, then just a few minutes later I almost get impaled my a limb line hook and then a few minutes later a limb line hook snags my laid down bimini top.

So, by this time, I am really starting to come unglued and wishing that I had not even gone to the lake. My main thoughts were not about fishing by this time. But, of wringing my nephews neck, cutting down every "illegal" limb line I could find and coming up with a better design for rod lockers.

I did get to fish for a little while but never had a strike. I guess my negative "vibes" were transmitted into the line and ran off all the fish.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Splitshot we may need to change your name to Lucky, lol JK buddy Keep on fishing they will be back sooner are later.