No catfish in Nevada?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by daniel-delarosa, Jun 22, 2007.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    My wife and I are headed to Vegas (for our first time) on July 2nd to attend my aunts wedding. We are staying for a week. Im not much for gambling, drinking, clubbing, or any of that stuff that everyone says goes on there. So I figured I could find a fishin hole or to to keep me occupied for a while. I looked on catfish1 and there isnt a link for Nevada under Catfishing information by state. I did find out there is a lake called Lake Mead right beside Vegas, but I cant find any info on it.:sad2:

2. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Wow, no info on Lake Mead? Keep looking because I bet you will find some. Mead is the largest man-made reservoir in the United States and is dammed up by Hoover Dam. You can catch really big stripers, channel cats, lmb, crappie, and bluegill. It is basically a big lake in the dessert. There are even a few trout in the Colorado River below the dam.

Good luck and take pics! :cool2:

3. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Daniel don't pass the chance to at least sight see around town!! The strip has great photo opps but the real Las Vegas, in my opinion, is downtown on Fremont St. I used to almost live in the Fremont, Nugget and Horseshoe in my younger days playing a little poker. It's a hard way to make an easy livin'.