No brains and Brassies!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Wyocatman, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    For everyone that was cuddled up this morning thinking the fish wouldn't bite are now S.O.L!! Between 6 and 9 this morning I caught 20 channels between 3 and 15 lbs. Five of those fish were over ten. Phenominal morning. Caught them at Carlyle on cut shad, the bigger fish on the heads. Very aggresive bite. Almost lost a pole twice trying to net shad between bites. I am now a firm believer in circle hooks. Missed a few, lost a few but tried Kahle on one rod fora while and missed several before hooking one. If Id hooked everything that bit i would have landed a fish every ten minutes. Then at 9, someone flipped the switch snd they quick biting. Neat part about being so cold I would cut a few shad and let them freezzeee on the rocks. Made them much more durable. Cold smold, I caught some fish!!

Dru

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great report Dru! No pics? Congrats on the great morning of cold fishing!:smile2:

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yep it snowed on us today but the blues were on fire caught 5 that weighed 82.5 pound in 4 hours this afternoon

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dru I'm glad to see that you had a good day on the water and sounds like the channels were in trouble while you were around. Thanks for sharing.:lol: :big_smile:

5. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Now i'm getting pumped up. I guess i'm just going to have to get out and brave the cold

6. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    It's not cold any more... it's time to load up the family conveyance and go to the favorite fishing hole! No excuses... Just Do It!:big_smile: