No Boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by kingdawes, Sep 10, 2007.

1. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I do not have a boat, none the less I am still intrested in catch monster fish. I will be fishing the louisville ohio river area. I was just wondering if someone had any suggestions on where the best trophy fish will be located. I will probably be going to mcalpine this weekend is there anywhere else.

2. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks I will try some of those out. Its funny I never even thought about going to the indiana side.

3. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    u may own the river ... but indiana rules the river lol. not trying to start bad things here ... just a lil humor ..so please dont get the wrong idea.

4. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I know that KY owns most of the airspace (approx. 75%) over the Ohio, but if I go to the IN side to fish, do I need an IN fishing liscence? I honestly have no idea.

5. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Brandon, Indiana and Kentucky allow fishing with either states licenses as long as you fish the main stem of the Ohio. Remember, if you go up a feeder creek or river you will have to possess that states license for that tributary. Vern

6. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    if ur on the bank u do have to have an Indiana license. but

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    but in a boat u can have either as long as u dont get on the bank or launch from the indiana side and vice versa

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    If you have a Ky fishing License, you can fish the banks of the Ohio on both sides (Ky owns the Ohio River where it meets it's boarders). There is a reciprical agreement between boardering states. But if you have an Ohio License you can only fish the Ky side where the Ohio River meets the state of Ohio's Boarder, same with Indiana and the other boardering states along the Ohio River.
    Indiana at Kentucky boarders=Indiana or Kentucky License
    Ohio at Kentucky boarders= Ohio or kentucky license
    Kentucky License lets you "BANK" or Boat fish the entire ohio river either side.

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You "can" launch a boat or bank fish along the Ohio river in Indiana with a KY license. There are no restrictions on where you can launch a boat any where in the "USA" as long as it is a registered boat.

10. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    not to say ur wrong in any way dreadnaught ... but i was told by IDNR that if u pulled out of the ohio on the indiana side and had fish in ur possession that u had to possess a indiana license ... now he could have been wrong .. if u could shed some light on that it would be much appreciated. also i have a buddy that lives in ky right.. if he fished the e'ville riverfront from bank with a ky license it is legal ... he doesnt have to possess an IN. license? just some questions ... any info would be much appreciated ... and if u have a site i could view please send it my way. thanks very much

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes!!! He was wrong. Acording to the agreement between the two states. So what he is saying is that a boat from another state can't launch in Indiana. Indiana owns "No" part of the Ohio River. Kentucky allows hoosiers to fish it with an Indiana license through this agreement. If they are righting tickets to Kentucky residents for catching fish from waters that Kentucky owns they are wrong. Read your regulations and by all means Prove me wrong!!!

Yes, this is correct!!!

The answers you are looking for are in each State Section (under state agencies) on the BOC, Look them up and tell me what you find. Running tournaments requires that you know (the Laws) what you can and cannot do, I have done my homework, have you?

12. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Not sure if this applies or not, but what I think he was asking Dread was if it's legal to possess fish.....Here in Missouri we can go to Illinois and fish the Mississippi river from a boat or from the bank, but if you catch anything and leave with it they can pull you over for possessing fish without an Illinois license. Not that I think they really would, but that's the law and from the way he asked the question it sounded like he was referring to the same type of regs there too.

13. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    dang i didnt mean to make u mad dreadnaught ... i was just askin a question ...im trying to find answers myself. take it easy on me big guy. and yes mainly i wanna know about possessing fish in another state. without that license.

14. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Okay, so after all the back-and-fourth, I decided to take matters into my own hands and check it out with the KY Dept. of Fish and Wildlife. I e-mailed them explaining my (our) question, and this is the official e-mail response that I received concerning the matter...

"If you are on the Indiana side of the river “meaning you are in Indiana” you have to have an Indiana License. Hope this ends your alls debate!"

Bummer.

--B :006:

15. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Whoops. That's the last time that I copy and paste from an e-mail. Sorry fellas.

16. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Brandon, I don't mean to mix up this thread even more, but Whoever wrote the reply to your email is full of bull. I have fished the Indiana side of the Ohio at Markland dam for years on a KY license, been checked by numerous DNR, Indiana and KY and have never gotten a ticket. The regulations clearly read that as long as you have an Indiana or Ky license you can fish either bank on those licenses within those states boundaries. Dreadnaught hit the nail on the head, as a matter of fact he is almost word for word from the regulations booklet. Do web search on DNR from KY and Indiana and read the regulations, both states have them posted. Vern

17. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    oh my, stay tuned for more debate. lol

18. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Wow. I stand corrected. I checked both KY and IN DNR's and you guys are right. I had no idea in the first place as I said, but I'm kinda upset that someone from fish and wildlife would not give me correct information. Thanks for your help, fellas.

--Brando

*BTW-- I'm new here and new to big cat catfishing. Subsequently, I only have hunting buddies and no fishing buddies. If anyone ever is willing to take out a new guy, let me know. I'd greatly appreciate it!

19. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    ******UPDATE*****

Hahaha. The Dept. of Fish and Wildlife must be watching our thread! After my last post I promptly recieved an e-mail from another employee explaining what I had already found.

If you guys at the DoFW are still reading this thread... hey guys! Thanks so much, Brenda.

20. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    LMAO..........too funny bud