No Black Cloud On The White last Night..Or Was There?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Sep 1, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well I was going to head to the IPL Dam yesterday when my plans were ever so rudely interuppted by who other then DrPepper.. he had told me his plans had changed and he wanted to take his boat out to a few holes he found.. well I was quick to agree..

I grabbed my things and headed to his house.. As I arrive him and his uncle Bob are getting the boat ready.. so I load my stuff up in the back of his truck. we hitch the boat and are off on another quest.

We get to the ramp and every person we see he keeps telling me he was gonna run over then.. Blamed Every single person we saw for his broken window from weeks back.. I thought to myself.. " This guy really is crazy.. He would run them over, wouldnt he? "

Well we launched the boat and headed down river.. All the while Bill is cusing and clanging.. his reasoning for this was the motor wouldnt start.. It refused to start.. He pulled that rope 1,000xs and still wouldnt start.. He finally took out the spark plug and changed it over or just fixed the gap on it.. I had to use the orr to navagate us thru the tretorious waters ahead..

Well he got her fixed and we headed up river where we were to catch our bait.. Hahahaha 2 fish from the hole. A little gill and a crappie.. I saw where this was headed.. We move a little further up stream and I found it.. The bait hole.. caught some gills and sunfish and bill caught smallie... well we decided it was time to head down river and try to catch bait on the way to the flattie hole when DrPepper landed a nice spotted bass on a very tiny hook.. Well as Bill drives around in circles at this one spot he says drop the anchor...

I was thinking we scared everything off by now.. But I set anchor and we baited up the hooks and sent our brave bluegills, sunfish ( punkinseed ) and smallies into flattie territory. Wasnt long till I got a run.. But the angle the boat was i had to fish as if I was left handed.. I go to set the hook and nothing.. Missed it..
    Bill gets the next run... Wham!!! Fish on!.. Its about a 5 Pound flattie..
    I get the next run on an upstream placed bait.. go to set the hook nothing!!
    Im getting very annoyed by now but have to figure out how to manuver.. I get another run.. Wham!!! Fish on! It is only about a 5 pound flattie..

Then Bill's 1ft smallie takes off.. he sets the hook with his 65# power pro and NOTHING.. He reels it in and theres no hook, no sinker, no fish!!!
    Well we sit for about another 30 minutes and i keep feeling this vibration all over the boat.. I keep thinking to myself " What the hell is that? I know that current isnt that strong... "
    So I turn around and see Bill shaken like and epileptic off his meds in the back of the boat.. I asked is that you. He sniffed up the snot rolling out of his nose and said he was cold... That he was freezing.. I told him not to get any Ideas of trying to go all Brokeback Moutain on me cause It wasnt gonna happen.. He then started talking about hypothermia and how cold he was and all wanted to hear was some Michael jackson songs while out on the river in a boat..
    So with the fear of this being my friends last trip on the river due to the stage two hypothermia I granted his wishes and set my phone to play him His last request... Michael Jackson songs.. Then I realized he had stopped shaking.. I thought to myself. " WOW!! It really worked ":wink:

Then Bill begain to sway back and forth singing every single song under his breath... Thats when I felt uneasy and he realized he had been caught so he decided we should end our fishing trip.. So we headed back to the ramp and loaded up and headed for home...:smile2::smile2:

Now I dont know about all of you guys.. But I have seen some scary things in my life.. but setting out in the dark on the river in a 10ft boat with another man singing Michael Jackson songs while your back is turned to him takes the cake!!!!!!!!!:embarassed::eek:oooh:

I was happy I made it home safe... !!!

Attached Files:

2. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    here are a few more. The last one is Bill swaying back and forth.. just look how he looks at peace listning to the music!!!:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well have yall set a date lol

great trip report lol

4. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I said NO!! Brokeback Mountain stuff!!!!:crazy:

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Alright dammit, last time I leave the postin' up to you- lmao....
    BTW, have I told ya I hate your avatar yet?
    Went out tonight without your arse.... Got about a dink 15 lb'er and a huge daggone channel but I scouted a couple new great spots.... Done some crappie fishin' too. Tore 'em up.... A bunch of BIG crappie and a small Sauger.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  6. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :eek:oooh: dam you all are not right :crazy: here i thought i had a few screws loose dam congrats on the catch guys hey bill thinking shane trying to become the undertaker in wwe :smile2::smile2:

7. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    Next time I'll bring my boat and watch like those guy's you see on the bass tourneys:smile2:

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just don't get too close... lol

9. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    LOL... That was a good story Bill.. Cant beleive you didnt like it.. And every bit of it was true...

Look at my Avatar. Thats not a face that would lie!!!!!:crazy:

10. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    somrthing like this..:crazy:

Attached Files:

11. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    LMAO @ you two arse clowns! :smile2: Did you get that 565 hooked up and runnin yet?

12. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    yeppers the furture undertaker for wwe :big_smile::big_smile:

13. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I havent hooked it up yet... I have to fix the small leak in the boat.. Im pretty sure I know where it is.. then I will start putting everything back on it