No bites again .

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Sep 19, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Went out a few hours tonight and caught 2 little bull heads , my bait was aost bigger then them . The bite is dead around here bad . Really has not been that great all summer . A few times they was turned on and I could'nt keep 2 poles in the water . Most of the time it was slow or dead . If I didnt know better I would swear someone come stole all the catfish out of every lake around me . I sure hope some of you other Illinois catfisherman are catching a mess of them . Guess I got trout season next month lol .

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I know what you mean bro... this has been the deadest year by far that I can remember.

3. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Sorry floyd for the slow season... but time and consitancy (luck for me) they'll be rattlin your poles again. Still fun...

4. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    It's been really slow where I'm at until about 3 weeks ago when the shad finally showed up and the bite was on. Now the shad are going to deeper waters and harder to catch and the bite is starting to slow down. But I did manage to catch 3 nice cats so its been a decent season for me. Good Luck

5. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    This weekend I did not have much luck at lake springfield but in the tournament a total wieght record was caught. The fish have been biting you just have to find the right spot. The fish are still eating trust me.

6. Tarner

Tarner New Member

State:
    Rock Falls, IL
    It's been OK for me this year. I've caught three of the my biggest cats this year and been averaging channels between 2 and 5 lbs. Now the weather is cooling down and the shad are getting hard to find but, the bite still seems good up here. You just need to find the shad and you're good to go. I've got six so far tonight from about 5 pm till now. Just came in for a bite to eat then I'm heading back out.

7. capnmac59

capnmac59 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Was out sunday before the rain got real heavy and caught a few nice ones and missed a bunch in springfield they are still hitting just have to find them

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    perhaps just trying out a new lake or river would help out for a bit. different water, different attitude of the fish. ive had some dry spells at rend over the years, but usually a move helps out. it is turning to fall and the fish are gonna hit good in different areas. some techniques work better or worse at rend and other illinois lakes than others.

9. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    its not just you Floyd its bin tuff for me this year to

10. 4bratsdad

4bratsdad Member

State:
    illinois springfield area
    i've fished lake sanchris 3 times all night long, all over lake, variety baits= 1 good bite 3 trips, lake spfld 1 all nighter=2, 3lb channels my worst year ever got bout 10 outof a river fed pond in 5 trips, usually get 50 or so per year, got 5 channels, i small flattie this spring from tiny creek, and ive pulled bout 8 or so from sang river, i wanna give up, were talkin bout 30 trips or so, i need to learn to drift, tried and dont know what im doin, i got extra seat on the boat if an expert drifter wants to teach a guy, seems that's the only way their gettin em round here, its frustrating when i use to tear em up& rarely got skunked, i'm blamin the cool weather!

11. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :smile2:I really think the high water and cold weather did it to us this year.I got what i need for winter ,but it was not easy.We were way down on count for each trip but the size was not bad so pounds of fillets worked out.I would rather catch 20 fish that were a little smaller than four seven pounders for the day.This weekend or Friday should be good i think we got some rain to raise the river and it is suposed to get to 84F this Sat.I am going to try it once more so i say LOL.Fall is hard for me as we burn wood for our primary heat,an i love to hunt.The wife says that in the spring i say i love to fish most but when fall gets here it is hunting all the time.Those honey do's just dont get to the top of the to do pile LOL.

12. chinook

chinook New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This summer has been very different. I fish only for channels and fish on the same 150 acre lake every trip. The only lake I have fished for years, so I really know all the "spots". I have had a few trips when I caught no fish; first time in years. The weather has been unstable--lots of rain and unusual temperatures. In the early part of the year lots of shallow areas were deeper than usual, and my hotspots under overhanging trees stayed inaccessible because of the high lake level. And the summer never got hot for any extended period. I have caught half as many fish as usual; fortunately the average size of the fish have been substantially larger. It has been okay, but I prefer to catch ten 2 to 3 pounders instead of three or four 5 pounders. I like the action.