No Beer!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by centexcop, Jun 6, 2009.

1. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    My wife and I started a new diet. It's a doozie.... It's a low calorie thing with daily injections of HCG. For lunch and dinner, we get a little bit of lean meat... chicken, beef, fish, and a little bit of vegetables. Breakfast is just coffee, tea, or water. No carbs, no sweets, no butter or oils, NO BEER.

We're at day three of the eating portion of it. I'm not really hungry, i'm just not satisfied. I eat my chicken and a little bit of brocoli. I've found that raw brocoli seems to fill me up better than cooked.

Thursday and saturday nights, I work part time in a mexican food resturaunt. I'm part time DJ and security. When I went in Thursday evening, I was telling the owner about this and his 12 year old son said, "how can you work at a Mexican food place without drinking beer or eating?". It was hard.

Not that I drink nearly as much beer as Catgirl thinks I do....But I do enjoy one or ten on the weekends.....:eek:oooh:

Oh, I've lost about 10 lbs so far. It's taking lots of willpower. My wife wants to go get a breakfast taco in the morning. I told her that's fine, i'll go with her and watch her eat!

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You're a better man than me,Injections??? Nope no way.

3. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    I don't mind the shots. I used to give myself allergy injections. It's easy, just stick it in and push....lol

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What is hcg???

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Just work on gettin taller. :wink:

6. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Human chorionic gonadotropin -- It's a Hormone. Supposedly it's present in both women and men, but a pregnant woman produces more of it. It's not supposed to keep you from being hungry, but it is supposed to make your body feed on the fat cells without feeding on the muscle.

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I tried that but couldn't overcome gravity:smile2:

8. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    It's definitely interesting. So far I'm resisting all temptations. Earlier today I thought I was going to give in. I got to the restaurant tonight and felt pretty good about myself, I sure could have used a beer though..... I think I wanted some enchiladas more though.......:crazy:

It's amazing how much life revolves around food. And I guess I just haven't paid attention to all the commercials on tv about food.....

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Well I certainly am not a expert on weight loss but the thing that works best for me is running. I usually bust a 2-3 mile run 4-5 days a week and then I can indulge in my favorite "bad" things such as beer. I don't think I could handle the shot thing but that's just me! Good luck on the diet! :big_smile:

10. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I miss beer. I'm not much of a drinker but I havent had a beer since 6 January and I sure could go for one right now!

11. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Not sure I would do the hormone thing, Probably lots of water, but with proper diet, I'm sure the body makes enough hormones. I just got bad thoughts about putting too much of something naturally produced into a body, may cause problems somewhere else or later on. I hope it works out for ya. Starvation is cool too, after 3-4 days ya get over the hunger thing. Living without beer is kinda tough for awhile too.

12. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I have good results on a beer diet!! LOL

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm very lucky. eat like a horse and drink beer too. Very active most of the time and guess i just have a high metabolism. Good luck with the weight reduction.

14. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Never understood the diet thing. Of course I should be 6'7", but I at my age I seem to be going the other way.:smile2: Good luck and Stay Safe

15. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Well I've done pretty good today. I'm not hungry, i'm just not satisfied. But, i'm a little more satisfied today than I have been so I think it's getting easier....

16. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Must be nice.......:roll_eyes:

17. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    well brother joey, now that i have collected a few birthdays:roll_eyes: well 41 of them to be truethful, lol. its hard to get ride of them lbs, in my mid 20 s i found my self still eating like i was back in school playing high school football, well i stoped eating big plates of food ,and i cut out all junk food, i found my self at 275lbs and 6'2", it took me 1 or 2 weeks to get out of my fat boy thinking ,if a person can do that and stick with it ,it will get easyer.good luck buddy, the 10 pounds you have all ready lost shows that you can do it.:wink:

18. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Thanks rich... In a couple of months I'll be collecting that "41" as well....

19. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I lost 20 by not eating out for lunch and walking. I walk for 20-25 minutes and eat my bag lunch. I also started coming in early by half hour and walking in the am also. I am getting a minimum of 45 minutes a day.
    I feel better but am at the 20 lb plateau. I aint gonna lose any more without increasing the excercise or starting to diet.
    Good luck!
    :eek:oooh:

20. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    It's definitely not easy.... and takes commitment.