No bait on the Tennessee River

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dinger66, Oct 14, 2007.

1. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i boasted about he skips at wilson damn and only caught 4 after a long time casting . but all and all had a great time wife and i enjoyed the fishing , she caught a couple nice 2 pound cat we had 1 flat ,1 channel and two blues all about 2 pounds .the flat head i let go they are such pretty fish as fish go.my wife hung one really good cat it started by her yelling!!!!!!!! derric several times because she couldnt get the rod out of the holder,rod was almost touching the water, the whole time the fish was peeling drag, i get it out and hand the rod to her and see she needed help so i started to help her hold the rod and could feel the weight of the pull i looked at her and said hold on baby you have done it now.just as the boat started to go with the pull the 80# braid went limp it was heart breaking and i hated it fir her i have yet to land a big fish but it would have ment more for her to land a really big fish , i say all this about her because she never fusses about me fishing or my boat or my tackle . and to top it all of i had an idiot stroke and left the motor toter on the motor :embarassed: but all in all the best fishing trip i have ever had just to see the look on her face when she relized what she had ahold of.

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like a good time. That big one is waiting for you. Good luck!

3. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    How far from the dam were you fishing? we went there thrus. morning but the wind was terrible, I tried several spots but it kept blowing the boat around and dragging the 40 pound anchor..we finally gave up..

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    they werent running turbins and i was all the way up to the damn ,when they turned the turbins on they were there at 4pm