NO.32 Cast Iron Coffee Grinder on wheel.

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by peewee williams, Dec 28, 2007.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Been Marvel Mystery oiling and tapping on a OLD 13 " body all cast iron coffee grinder with a 16" cast iron single wheel with wood handle for 10 years (for real) and finely got it just about all apart.It has "No.32" on the wheel which has a wood handle.It has a rectangular hopper and a one sided bottom discharge made to set a can or bag under.It is commercial store,military or Lumber Camp size.Most parts are numbered but no name.Would anyone have a idea?I have had no luck on line so far.

I get my Sears & Roebuck hand Grist Mill mounted and I will be ready to go as it is in new shape.I don't know yet if my little meal and flour mill was stolen or not.

Thanks.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Mr. Williams, you have any pics of it? I have an old buddy up the road that tinkers with some off the wall items who may have an idea if I could show him a pic or two???

3. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    No and worse,I have no way of getting pics on my computer unless it is sent to me!

The old Coffee Mill has that large single wheel and is all Cast Iron except for that wood handle to turn it with.It came from a area of homes and businesses as early as the 1700's so that just makes it even harder to date.This does not necessarily mean that it is that old,but it means that you cannot eliminate it.Even the real old Coffee Mill patent info is mostly missing from the US Patent office and I have not found it in the ones they do have so far.

I have just been cleaning my Armaid #52 chopper/grinder/mill which has 3 grinder plates and a reversible "grain mill" plate for fine and x-tra fine.Also my Universal #2 meat grinder/chopper with the 3 wheels.Still to go are-A Keystone #30 with 3 disk chopper/grinder,a single disk Enterprise #5 grinder/chopper and a huge #2 MB all cast iron,hand cranked Grist Mill with "Cone Burrs".I also have a "Climax" revolving drum grater to do.All of these were American made.I have a cast iron Mexican made meal mill and a old French "MOULI-SHREDDER" tinned with 4 tinned disk to work as a hand cranked grater.Each interchangeable disk is like one side of a common 4 sided kitchen grader.All of these are in good working shape.

This keeps me occupied as it often takes me days and sometimes actually weeks to do what use to take me 20 minutes when my body worked right.I do have plenty of patience.I have no choice in the matter!Even my mind on super slow and as long as I don't change direction works in a very slow and retarded mode.I got a lot to be thankful for.

Thanks.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well, thanks wish there were pics, but oh well, I have written down the remarks and maybe Jer will have an idea from something, if he runs across something in a book I may send ya some pics of them or what not, and see what maybe what if anything? Now for your other items, for what it is worth I wish I were closer to your area, I have always had an interest in the old ways and items, (that would be my grandpas fault) watched a real good show just the other night on the History Channel, it was on old meat slicers and sharpening grinders. You see it? Wife just hates the shows but always lets me be when there on...lol.
    Good luck on your work, wish I could set and BS with ya while tinkering around on the stuff, just love it..... Have a Great New Year!!!
    Randy

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    There is a group of enthusiasts called ACME. Stands for Association of coffee mill enthusiasts.
    I imagine they can tell you. Membership is 40 bucks. I doubt you'll get much out of them without joining.
    There is also a historic coffee mill book that sells for around 115 dollars.

I've spent about 3 hours in search of a #32 mill.

http://www.coffeehouseinc.com/acme.htm

6. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    The $40.00 & $115.00 is out along with the $1.00 for the lottery.All of my luck has gone into winning the big one for the last 5 years.I was told that I would not see 2003 in the last of September of 2002 and 2008 is just 35 minutes away.Thank you Lord!

Thanks.I really do appreciate the help.I have spent days looking,but I ain't computer wise and they tell me with my reduced learning ability and body control that I am slowly losing that I will gradually get worse instead of better on it.I tried to get and got some help but I am maxed out and slipping now and fighting to hold what I got.The help means a lot to me.

I hope I can find somebody with a camera that I can hook up to the computer.

I just dropped or knocked one of my meat grinders off on my leg and gouged my leg and didn't even know it happened until afterward.At least it don't hurt as I ain't got any feeling in it right now.My doctor will give me hell Thursday and probably want to cut off my leg or something again.If I listened to them,I would only be 18'' tall by now!At 5'7 1/2" I did not have any to spare to start with!I am thankful that my cast Iron meat grinder didn't break.Probably would have if it hadn't hit both my shins.Now that is luck!

Thanks again.

7. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    If you like grinders,I have one you would love.I have a old time high speed grinder on a steel stand.You sit in a steel seat like the old 2 horse drawn implement seats.You have two steel pedals which you use to turn a gear,which turns a vertical shaft which turns a gear and shaft with two 4 3/4" stones right & left in front of you just like a pedestal grinder.It has a X-fine stone and a slanted almost smooth stone for a (tool?) sharpening set up.They use to have a set up like this in a old shoe shop I remember with the leather working cutters/grinders on the side and a buffer on top.This one has the third outlet on top for such.