NO 3 rod rule for PA!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Blacky, Jan 28, 2010.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Damn it would be nice to have 2 rods out for catfish and try catching bait with another rod legally:laugh1:. But "Right now, anglers may fish with up to two rods and a hand line" thats the first time I heard of the hand line rule. I wonder how far I can launch a 4oz No Roll with a carolina rig by hand....?

2. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    We have the 2 Rod rule here in Illinois also. We can only use 2 hooks per rod. So sabiki rigs are not legal unless you cut some of the hooks off. I don't understand the rod limits anyway because they have the creel limits.

3. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

"Bill Sabatose of Jefferson County and Tom Shetterly of Washington said they feared allowing anglers to use an additional rod would create problems during trout season, when lakes in particular are often ringed with dense crowds of fishermen.
    "I see nothing but conflict coming," Sabatose said.
    "It's going to be a nightmare," Shetterly agreed. "

It's going to be a nightmare. Give me a break! Its a nightmare on the first day of trout before anyone casts out! Of course it would be stupid in some cases to use three due to not enough room or too many people close by. But there are many cases I would LOVE to have 3 rods out when I'm by myself river fishing especially when there isnt a guy catfishing on the bank 20 miles from me.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I have complained about the STUPID 2 rod rule forever! I have sent many emails to the fish commission concerning this law and they never respond! :pissed-off: Pennsylvania laws are so outdated its not funny! The fishermen want changes but the suits in Harrisburg refuse to listen. I was in Kentucky for the B.O.C. National Gathering in 2006 and there was a 50 rod limit!

5. Nice to see ya back in action hoss. I hope this will pass, but there is a lot of resistance within the Commision on this.

6. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I f they do allow 3 rods in the future, they'll probably make you buy a $5 stamp

7. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    Well here in Washington state we have just got the two pole endorsment last fall, but it costs the same as a regular license $24.00 each & because the Salmon & Steelhead we CAN NOT use more than 1 pole on all rivers & associated Resivours. That sucks because that is where most of the catfish are. Now they are gonna make us pay for an endorsement to fish for Salmon & Steelhead $9.00 on top of the regular license fee, & are talking about charging for WA wildlife aera parking pass, right now you get it for free with the license & have to have it vissable when parking on public lands or get a $250 ticket. Got to love a state with no State Income tax....we pay some of the highest fees & taxes on everything, esp Gas, Alcohol, & Tabaco, all the esentials for a great weekend of fishing...lol.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  8. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    it wouldn't surprise me jay if they do. there's alot of laws the TROUT commish will never change. look what the two guys who shut it down said, " it would ruin TROUT fishing" they can give a shit about anything else TROUT is were the money is. and it's always crazy the first two weeks of trout then it dies back down the rest of the season. it makes you wonder if the suits in harrsiburgh for the commish even go out and fish! i know my answer, well i'm doing bitching and crying in my beer lol. tight lines justin

9. Fishing Addict

Fishing Addict Member

State:
    Spring Church, Pa
    It would be nice to have three rods out for cats, but the only fish pa is concerend with are trout. Hell with the trout stock waleye,perch,& crappies somthing actually worth eating plus much more exciting to catch. This state always have and always will cater to the trout fisherman. How often do you see the fish cops when catfishing or any other fishing other than riding up and down the streams during the trout opener or siting in their truck in a parking lot at a popular lake that has a 9.9 hp limit only to bust people that have a 15 hp. I doubt they'll change the number of rods an angler will be able to use due that it will inconvience a trout angler But they might change their name to the Pennsylvania Trout & Boat Commission. Dont get me wrong I'll fish for trout also, after all you got to use somthing for musky bait. I'd rather kill a 100 trout using them for bait the let them die in the so called trout streams that almost dry up in the summer and to the lack of disolved oxygen in the water and the warm temps. Seems like a waste of funds to me, buy fish, riase fish, stock fish, then have 90% of fish die in the summer year in, year out

10. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I got 3 flattin rods for a reason!:wink:

11. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i'm just gonna paint my poles camo, that way the commish won't see'um :laugh:

12. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ain't that the truth! Sometimes those three can give me a great weekend of fishing alone, I don't even need to see the water!!! :laugh1:

13. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Good idea! hahaha

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You see, every law in PA is around the stupid pellet-head clones we love to stock in our creeks!:cowboy:

Horse manure!

15. Romo

Romo Active Member

State:
    PA
    If stockies made good bait I wouldn't have as big a problem with it. It'd be like the fish commission stocking flathead candies in all the creeks! The only thing is as soon as you catch them and throw them in a bucket the go belly up. The cut bait isn't bad though.

16. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Their pitiful obsession with Trout for a stinking few days is a sham. I'd love to troll 4 rods for walleye or 4 rods out for cats with different bait at different depths. Their stocked Trout are only good for bait. I have met many people from out of state that laugh at PA for their stupid political rules in the fish commission and our precious 10" Trout.

17. Dutch

Dutch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    You guys are lucky you can use 2 rods, here in Minnesota we have a 1 rod 1 hook limit (unless it's part of a lure)

18. FTL6

FTL6 New Member

State:
    Reading,Pa.
    Now that's a BUMMER!:sad::sidefrown::confused1::beat-up::vampire::arghh:

19. Holy Snap!!! Time to move!!:sigarette: