NiteStick?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by ambassadeur, Aug 9, 2009.

1. ambassadeur

ambassadeur New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I plan on buying a new rod and reel here soon. I've always been kind of interested in the American Premier Nite Stick because I see them everywhere! I just wanted to know how they hold up, and if anyone has broken one. No websites say that they have a blankthru handle so I was a little worried about that.

2. catma

catma New Member

State:
    iowa
    go with the sturdy stick its cheaper and more reliable

3. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i have a red white black american rod seem to do the job plan on going up and getting the white pro series catfish rod

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I own several, have caught big fish on 'em, and I think they are great rods for the money.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
  6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have 4, 7' MH pros. I have yet to use them so i am not help to you, but I am interested in seeing what others say about these too. What are you going to throw on for a reel?

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    They are ok rods I have two of them...A little on the broom stick side...The weakest link in these rods are the reel seats...

8. ambassadeur

ambassadeur New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I plan on getting an Abu 7000.

Thanks for the help guys. I have been looking at the ugly stik tiger, and the quantum big cat, but I really don't feel like paying $50-$60 for a new rod right now. I'd rather get a reliable reel.

How stiff are they? I like a rod with some backbone, but it can't be to stiff.

9. lou_a

lou_a Member

State:
    Texas
    I have the "Premier Series" catfish spinning rod. It is the yellow and brown model with a glow tip. Mine is 11' with a split butt grip (similar to surf rods). I do not consider it to stiff, nor do i consider it to flimsey. It is a very good rod for the price and a very good choice if you don't want to spend alot. Launches 4 to 6 oz lead and bait a long way.

I caught a 30 Lb'er this past weekend from the bank. The rod was not close to being tested. The week before I had something big pull hard and broke the foot of my BPS Catmax size 80 spinning reel; the reel then flew off into the lowest guide , but the guide did not break nor bend. The doublefooted guides appear very strong.

I'm not saying it's as good as the Quantum Big Cat, or the Shakespear Tiger. I own a Big Cat and have seen the Tiger. But it's close enough and you can get 2 of these for the price of one of those.

I don't know if you have Academy stores where you live. If you want a cheap but tough rod, check out the Shoremaster 8 and 10 foot models. The 8 ft is around 16 bucks and the 10 ft around 19 bucks. They ARE like broomsticks, but boy are they tough....

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have 4 of the nite sticks and love them.Ive never had anytrouble out of them and they are plenty rod to horse a big one out of cover if the need arises.These rods dont get the credit they deserve in my opinon.

11. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Ambassadeur I consider them slightly stiff rods. This is of course just my opinion. I still use mine I was just giving you a heads up...:wink: ....

12. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Just get the 7'6" pro model rods. You will not be disappointed, I promise. They are an awesome rod, plenty of backbone and a good tip on them. I wish I had the money I'd have 8 of them. They will bring in any fish you hook on them. The reel seats are a little large I've noticed for a 6000 but any larger reel will be fine, I've got tidewaters on mine and they look like they were made for each other.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  13. ambassadeur

ambassadeur New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks again for all the help. I still may buy one, I was looking at one at my local bait shop today and it looks like a solid rod, and from what everyone has said they have a pretty solid reputation too. And I just bought a new Abu 7000 so a big reel seat shouldn't be a problem if I do get one haha

14. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    ty wes i was going to ask about the 7'6" pro nite stick i am getting a couple of them just seen the post and you answered my question

15. Kyle Hawkins

Kyle Hawkins New Member

State:
    Ohio

I just purchased a 10FT red/white casting NiteStick. I also was worried about it not having a blank thru handle. The rubber endcap on my rod was not glued on well when i bought so i took it off to properly glue it, and decided to shine a light from the middle of the rod down to the handle end (where i was gluing the end back on) and noticed that the blank ran all the way through the handle and is actually what the rubber endcap glues onto.

16. ambassadeur

ambassadeur New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for that information. I would hate to have a rod that doesn't have a blank thru, I wouldn't trust it at all.

17. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i have 3 nite sticks 2 7'6 pro and a 9' primer and i think they good rods for the money

18. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    My buddy has two 10' nite sticks and likes them alot, im going to get two for me when i get the money, there is a guy at the Caesarscreek Flea Market that is selling these and Beef Sticks for around $20-25, i went down and checked them out last weekend and there legit and no problems with them so im going to go back down and get two... so if your close to that flea market its on the back isle east end...

CatFuStyle

19. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Glad to see this post as well , I just ordered four of their rods.I ordered one of each in the one piece pro models and a couple of the blue two piece 9'0.Looking at the posts I won't be dissapointed.Still not sure what the differance is between the red and blue series.
    They have a special going if you join the catfish snydicate , very good prices indeed , cheaper even than the flea market price stated in an earlier post.

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I bought TEN of them in the 7'6" length. They are PERFECT for anchoring or drifting. They have PLENTY of backbone for leaning on a kitty to keep them from getting to structure, yet they are sensitive enough to detect the slightest bite. The eyes are HEAVY DUTY. My 6000 and 6500 reels fit them just fine, and the graphite reel seats are NO problem. My only beef was that a couple of eyes on a couple of the rods were slightly crooked, from the factory. Doesn't affect the rod whatsoever though. For the PRICE, they are as good or better than most in that price range. If ya can afford Uglys, go that way. If you can't, the American Spirit Pro Nite Sticks are a very good choice, and should last for years with reasonable care.

Bill in SC