Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
337 Posts
I hope they are as good as everyone says! I ordered one this past weekend and expect it any day. The price is great, and the fact that it has extra guide eyes was a big bonus.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Love the American Premier Nite Sticks. Lots of backbone and my 8 footers casts heavy weights with ease. I own many rods, some higher and a few lower priced ones but the Nite Sticks always go with me.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You can get the American Premier Nite Sticks from our BOC sponsor, Catfish Connection at an unbeatable price, lots of models to choose from. Catfish Connection caters to us catfisherman and stocks many items you will never find at your local tackle shop and their prices are great. There is a link to Catfish Connection at the top of the page. Abu

·
Banned
337 Posts
You can buy them from Catfish Connection. Cheap too!

I just got mine today and love it!! I bought a 9 footer cuz I do a lot of bank fishing and need a little help casting far.

Took it down to the pier on Lake Erie earlier this evening for a few practice casts. I was whipping 3oz sinkers at least 75 yards or more with 30# mono. Almost nailed a jetskier LOL.

G

·
Jeremy(Cats4uandme) turned me on to those rods. I started with two 7' spinning rods, and then "graduated" to two 8' casting rods. I love them to death, and will never purchase another catfishing rod.

Ray

·
Banned
614 Posts
I bought 4 of the 7' PacHawk Nite Sticks 3 or 4 years ago when they first became available. They have held up very well. flexible enough for small cats and tough enough for the big ones. Mine are loaded with guides. The white blanks are good at night too.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Abu, I couldn't say enough good things about this rod! I'll never buy another brand rod for cat fishing. Only thing that might change is buying the Nite Stick Pro's with the cork handles. I'm partial to cork, it's easier to hold if it gets cold or the handle gets wet.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
ya. these are great for the cash. i have several. i have two 8'ers with abu6500's a 9' with a penn 210 2 7' one with a penn #9 and one with a 5500. a couple 8 spinning. just traded a 9' with a penn roddy reel for a delta diamond tool box.

cat connection sells the 8' rod with 8 guides + tip for $19.75. great price. i seen in my boat the 24# 8 oz flathead in my profile caught on the ohio by a 8' american premier on a penn perless #9 and ive caught several 10-13 # channels on then. just caught 2 last night at about 1#. so ya they are even sensitive enough for the small ones.

for the price i like em alot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 9' nitestick on the way, gonna put a penn209 or 309 on it, I haven't decided which reel yet. I have a 209 on an Ugly Stick Tiger, and I'm still learning baitcasters, I'm very happy with the 209 and thinking I oughta have 30# line on at least one of my poles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.