nite sticks

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by ohiohawghunter45067, Aug 15, 2005.

1. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    these rods are awesome and a great value i recommend them to anyone

2. Nate

Nate New Member

State:
    OH - IO
    I hope they are as good as everyone says! I ordered one this past weekend and expect it any day. The price is great, and the fact that it has extra guide eyes was a big bonus.

3. ohiohawghunter45067

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    you will be very pleased with the rods i assure u this

4. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Love the American Premier Nite Sticks. Lots of backbone and my 8 footers casts heavy weights with ease. I own many rods, some higher and a few lower priced ones but the Nite Sticks always go with me.

5. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Where can you get these rods. I have glowsticks by Berkley and have been happy with them. Some of thre guys at the station maybe interested thou.

6. ohiohawghunter45067

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    i purchase mine from a few lakes i fish and ur local bait store should be able to get them for u

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Are you refering to the PakHawks or something else?

8. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    You can get the American Premier Nite Sticks from our BOC sponsor, Catfish Connection at an unbeatable price, lots of models to choose from. Catfish Connection caters to us catfisherman and stocks many items you will never find at your local tackle shop and their prices are great. There is a link to Catfish Connection at the top of the page. Abu

9. Nate

Nate New Member

State:
    OH - IO
    You can buy them from Catfish Connection. Cheap too!

I just got mine today and love it!! I bought a 9 footer cuz I do a lot of bank fishing and need a little help casting far.

Took it down to the pier on Lake Erie earlier this evening for a few practice casts. I was whipping 3oz sinkers at least 75 yards or more with 30# mono. Almost nailed a jetskier LOL.

10. ohiohawghunter45067

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    yeah these are pachawks

11. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Never tried the Pac-Hawks. Mine have white blanks with the blue splash, 8' casting rods, model ONG-828AB. They have 7 guides plus the tip.

12. flattyhunter

flattyhunter New Member

State:
    Omaha,Ne
    i love these rods.....

13. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Jeremy(Cats4uandme) turned me on to those rods. I started with two 7' spinning rods, and then "graduated" to two 8' casting rods. I love them to death, and will never purchase another catfishing rod.

Ray

14. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I bought 4 of the 7' PacHawk Nite Sticks 3 or 4 years ago when they first became available. They have held up very well. flexible enough for small cats and tough enough for the big ones. Mine are loaded with guides. The white blanks are good at night too.

15. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Nate, glad you like it. Sounds like you are whipping the bait out there pretty good at 75 yards with 30# mono. I bet the jetskier didn't stick around long. :) Abu

16. Nate

Nate New Member

State:
    OH - IO
    Abu, I couldn't say enough good things about this rod! I'll never buy another brand rod for cat fishing. Only thing that might change is buying the Nite Stick Pro's with the cork handles. I'm partial to cork, it's easier to hold if it gets cold or the handle gets wet.

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya. these are great for the cash. i have several. i have two 8'ers with abu6500's a 9' with a penn 210 2 7' one with a penn #9 and one with a 5500. a couple 8 spinning. just traded a 9' with a penn roddy reel for a delta diamond tool box.

cat connection sells the 8' rod with 8 guides + tip for $19.75. great price. i seen in my boat the 24# 8 oz flathead in my profile caught on the ohio by a 8' american premier on a penn perless #9 and ive caught several 10-13 # channels on then. just caught 2 last night at about 1#. so ya they are even sensitive enough for the small ones.

for the price i like em alot.

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    here is some pic's. these are a few of my rods.

19. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have a 9' nitestick on the way, gonna put a penn209 or 309 on it, I haven't decided which reel yet. I have a 209 on an Ugly Stick Tiger, and I'm still learning baitcasters, I'm very happy with the 209 and thinking I oughta have 30# line on at least one of my poles.