Nissan 4 Strokes

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by kyredneck, Feb 13, 2007.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Any body got any experience/feedback on these? I'm lookin at the 9.8 hp from Cabella's for my small boat - $1810.00- 3 yr warranty. Too pricey? Hard to get parts/service for?

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    I don't own one but I have been seeing more and more of these on the bay boats along the gulf of mexico. Many people down here in texas are switching to 4 stroke engines. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

3. Defiant

Defiant New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Nissan's are tohatsu outboard's rebadged .They are excellent motor's never really heard anything bad about them and alot of commercial fisherman swear by them never owned one so cant say more then that .

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    1810 is a good price yes are very good motors

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Larry check your local area for a service dealer. They are good motors And you have a good price and warranty. I doubt that you would want to trailer in back to Cabelas if you have a problem. Good service is just as important as good price.:0a26: :0a22:

6. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks Mickey,

I did check and there's a dealer/service center about 56 mi north of me, so that's not too bad. I also found another source in TN that's selling the same motor for $1695.00 which includes shipping! Now I just gotta talk Momma into it.

7. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    the parts are super hard to get and its hard to find people to servise them.:angry: