Nishnabota River

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by flathead_hunter, May 9, 2007.

1. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    anyone here ever fish on the nishnabota river just wanted to know

2. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Yep I floated down it a while back caught a lot of little ones, but parked the trucks to far apart and it took forever.

3. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i just found out that it dumped into the mo. not to far south of neb. city. i fished down their a couple of times with camochris, i was thinking about maybe taking the boat up the nishnabotna from where it dumps into the mo. or is it to shallow. i know it is channelized so it should not be to bad. what are your guys thoughts?

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    You should have plenty of water right now. It was under about the same conditions that the Missouri state record blue cat was caught-out of the Nishnabotna River!

5. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    i know of a few places you could put in at watson mo. there landing is about a mile or less from the river peru ne. landing on the mo river is straight across from the mouth hamburg ia. on the east side of town i think there is anyway but right now all them places are under water check them out on a satilite image site like goolge earth or mapqwest you can find places like that on there

6. FLETCH

FLETCH Member

State:
    Villisca Iowa
    Name:
    Ron
    I live 15 miles east of the nish it's really good cat water and it's been bank full two times this year. There are some really big cats in there. I've caught fish every time I fish it at Red Oak Ia.