Nimasila Resivoir

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by KatfishKyle, Jul 15, 2008.

1. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Anyone ever fish Nimasila for cats? I have never been there, but its close to home. Pretty accesable lake or lots of houses? Any info would be great, thanks.

2. Gary B

Gary B New Member

State:
    OHIO
    There is a lot of shore access. The park rangers are thick. Any netting the state has done over there says there is a lot of channels in it. A lot of them are over 28"

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Friends has reported lots of nice fish being caught at Nimi. I just read a report of a 14#'er. I haven't fished there since last year.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't know anything about that area, sorry. Good luck fishing

5. elizabuilt

elizabuilt New Member

State:
    Norton, OH
    I have done well there. We go 2 to 3 times a month. A friend has caught a couple 15# plus fish, but I have only caught a 6 lber on cut shad.

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    There are a very few Flats in there tooo.

:eek:h:

7. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    i say shut up and go to a damn river

8. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    young man dont think that was very nice to tell someone to shut up

9. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    I fish rivers as well as lakes, ponds, streams, and beaver dams. I dont limit myself to just one type of body of water.

10. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Some around our area have quite a distance to travel to get to a decent river, so we are limited to where we can go with the high gas prices and work schedules.
    If you don't like lake fishing, STAY out of the Lakes/Resevoirs section, or at least be polite!!!!

11. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Grow up a little and matbe someone would listen to you then. Inexperience always has a way of sticking it's foot in your mouth.

12. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    i can help you.i live down the road from nimi.i can give you a few spots and show you a few places to catch shad over here too.ive taken a 15lber and a good number over 10lbs.pretty good lake for channels.P.M me.
    to the young man who said"shut up and go to the river"--------------if you had to buy the gas to drive 150 miles like some of us do to get to the ohio river,that might teach you a little manners and humility.lol.

13. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Only fished there once in my life which was last August 11 at a Neocats tourney. My partner who is my dad and I only caught 2 channels all night but boy were they worth it. They both were 12 lbs and 8 ounces even. We tied for biggest fish but 1 was disqualified at weigh in cuz there was a rule of only 1 fish over 28 inches per team. We caught both of those 2 monsters before midnight and to be honest we were so excited the rest of the night we probably spent more time trying to keep those 2 fish alive than we did fishing. But when the sun came up they were both alive and released and we won some money for big cat but we would have taken 2nd in the tourney had 1 fish not been disallowed. But rules are rules and that rule has been changed this year on our tourney trail you can now weigh 2 fish over 28 inches. But I can't wait to fish there again I know right where we caught both of them but there probably won't be any fish in those holes next time but you never know anyway good luck fishing.

14. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i have never been there but sounds like a fun place to fish, i am planning on going to the tournement at charles mill tomorrow, may have to try that one at nimi this year, ill have to check the schedule, as to the kids comment, very rude, id say someone needs a spanking and put to bed :wink: wish that all parents still taught manners as we learned them

15. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Dave, look forward to seeing you Saturday. I'll bet the kid got a lot of PM's about that one.

You know, if you are looking to learn and want information, it does help to insult the people that you want answers from. You'll get told things like hotdogs and vienna sausage makes the best bait.

16. fisher11

fisher11 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Joadb,
    Your icon picture looks as though you are shore fishing at the south Christman boat launch at Nimi.

17. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    that's from the ohio river.there is a fence submerged in the water,from the old farm that the reservoir is on-so i dont fish there much because of snags on the underwater fence.most of my fishing is closer to the campground and near the main st. boat ramp.the dam is also productive in the winter months.i personaly believe that a majority of the channels in nimisila move toward the dam and toward the bait shop during the winter.i caught an 11lb channel near the bait shop on christman in january.throwing out to the edge of the old nimi creek channel can be productive year round.many fish for crappies in this area-but im usually the only catman fishing there in the colder months.i suspect cats follow the crappies there and there is also a thick population of shad their.lots of winter kill shad in the cold months their to and the cats feed on them.