Nighttime DropLight Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Feb 3, 2006.

1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Just wanting everyones opinion on best submersible droplights to use for nighttime fishing. Whether it be white light or green light, size of light, how deep , etc. I heard this style of fishing can really produce some big crappie , and walleye. Thanks for the info. in advance. :)

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I also hear that those lights attract baitfish and the fish that eat those baitfish! I am considering getting one for my dock. It would be nice to have a white one and a green one and do an actual test! I'll get the green one if you get the white one!

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i used one when i ice fished for crappies, worked great for drawing in fish at night!

4. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    You're going to have to show me that Keith.

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I have the floating white lights. Man do they ever work. It takes a good hour for fish to start to show up. You first draw in the little critters that the shad eat then the crappie start showing up a long with other game fish. The bigger fish will hang just outside of the halo of the light. It's fun watching the crappie chase after shad under the light while you are fishing.

6. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Tried one of them once, and didnt have much luck. I must of not left it in the water long enough. I only run one battery for my whole boat and sure dont want to run it down.