Nights or Days???

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by puddle jumper, Apr 29, 2009.

When do you fish,Nights or Days??

1. Nights

2. Days

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Ok we have a poll going on about if you like to fish weekends or weekdays, Got me to wondering how many of you guys fish night compaired to days??? :wink:

Me im a day fisherman but im going to branch out and do some serious night fishing this summer and see how it compaires, so far im doing real well durring the day so why loose the sleep at night...:confused2:
    Puddle

2. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I didn't vote because I prefer both. There's times when I can't fish nights, and times when I can't fish days. Each time i'm out there is when I like to fish.....:wink:

3. freakyfish

freakyfish New Member

State:
    florida
    I have best luck at night about 12:00 to little after 1:00AM.Than again at 4:00AM or so in the morning.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I fish 95% of the time during dark hours and during week days.

I just enjoy the peacefulness of the night time. I'm usually out alone at 2am, year round. I hear nothing but a occasional car in the distance along with the trains that pass by every few hours. Other than that its just me, my dog, the beavers, the blue herring making their racket, the opossums, coons, deer, and the sound of threadfins dancing on the surface....just gotta love it.

Besides...on Hartwell its hard to get cats during the daylight hours. Atm I am getting fish in the morning but it wont last long.

I'll fish anytime they will bite but I'm a night bite catman for sure.

-Jim-

5. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Usually both :smile2:

6. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I prefer night fishing but have been day fishing mainly for tournaments, if it wasnt for tournaments I would not catfish during the day.

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I fish mainly at night, as that's when I catch the most Flatcat's.
    When I go fishing, it's quite a drive,4 hrs, and so I fish the whole time I'm at the water,,day and night,,, but, usually during the day I catch a variety of species, not including Flatcats, very rarely will catch a Flat during the day.
    That being said, I've started using some different strategies, designed to help with catching the Flats during the daylight hours..Not much success so far, but, I'll keep on working with it..
    Also, where I fish, in the summer it's quite hot,, so, the dark hours provide some relief from the oppressive heat.. During the day, it's mainly a matter of survival , searching for shade, and keeping yourself from turning into a puddle of your own gravy!!
    Also, I mainly fish from the bank..

8. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mostly fish at night, cant seem to catch them in the daylight yet.:confused2:

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well id like to fish more nights but sometimes thats not always possible so most times i have to settle with days.

10. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I have way better luck at night and early morning. I've baited up a rod with catfish bait during the day while fishing for other fish and 95% of the time it sits all day without a bite even when I keep fresh bait on it.

11. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm one of those guys that fishes whenever I can..Day,night,weekday,weekends,holidays, whenever the opportunity presents itself..I usually fish at night though cause I work 3rd shift so night is my day time anyways..

12. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I do most of my fishing at night but I do go during the daylight hours occasionally. I agree that it is peaceful on the water at night and I do most of my fishing from a boat.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:
    I just like to be out there - "not bragging" but I do well ether way so:
    "If It Ain't Broke / Why Try To Fix It"? :wink:
    (LoL)

:0a23:

14. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I don't mind fishing at night, but I guess I get sleepy so I get me a nice place to sleep with my pole in my hand.

15. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I voted nights because thats when usually the fishing is done although thee are times when early mornings are good also, but I prefer nights

16. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i'm like a 3 rd. shift fisherman

17. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'D HAVE TO SAY IT DEPENDS ON THE TIME OF YEAR AND THE MOON - IN THE SPRING AND FALL MOSTLY DAY - DURING SUMMER ABOUT 50/50 - WHEN IT'S A FULL MOON IN THE SUMMER I'M ON THE LAKE!!:wink:

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    PJ I am not gonna vote cause I fish as often as I can when ever the mood hits witch is 24/7 in the warmer months round here..:roll_eyes:...I prefer nighttime cattin fer it seems to have more personal serenity then day as fer results my pb was caught in the day but night has always been better...course this isnt helpin yer poll either but thats me .02:cool2:

19. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Like the others, I am both also. There are situations that warrant fishing both night and day. But I am big fan of the night fishing also. I really get a kick out of all the critter sounds and the lack of human sounds at night.

20. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    By far I enjoy night fishing the best. There's just something about it... the stars, the sounds and the peacefulness. Not to mention the Flatheads!

But, in the winter I primarily fish during the day.