Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Nightfishing? Thumbs up for glo-sticks!

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  StormCaster 
#1 ·
If anybody night fishes and has trouble seeing their rod tips, then I highly recommend the long skinny "bracelet" type glo sticks, around 8". A little electrical tape (doesn't leave a mess on the rod) to attach the suckers, and you're good to go.

Check out eBay....bought 100 for around $12 shipped. They will emit a glow for 24 hours.

My anchor light was killing the silhouette of the rods against the horizon, so I couldn't see anything.

#5 ·
If anybody night fishes and has trouble seeing their rod tips, then I highly recommend the long skinny "bracelet" type glo sticks, around 8". A little electrical tape (doesn't leave a mess on the rod) to attach the suckers, and you're good to go.

Check out eBay....bought 100 for around $12 shipped. They will emit a glow for 24 hours.

My anchor light was killing the silhouette of the rods against the horizon, so I couldn't see anything.
You can get them cheaper from Gene, Wild Wolf Products. Sponsor on this site.
Sorry Joshua for my post.

I didn't mean to put down your post. It's a good sugestion, great sugestion! I use them and know a lot of guys that use them. I just know Gene has them on sale right now for BOC members.

#9 ·
I use Genes 8 inch glow sticks every time I go night fishing.
I just black tape them to the rod tip and you can see when you have the slightest bite. They also come with connectors to make round braclets that can be attached to a rod eye and this also works very well.
They work great in his Kat Bobbers and I have also used them inside of jugs.
No need to fire up a bug attracting lantern or use other lights that take away from your night vision.
Would highly recommend them to everyone.

#10 ·
I've tried them too. I had asked my girlfriend to pick up some glow sticks for a night of fishing and when she came home with those I was pretty upset until we put them on the rods. You can see a fish sniffing your bait. They're pretty nice and cost about the same as the small ones. I also like to use some of the larger ones to put in the bottom of the boat and place a really large one where my rear running light is at. Less blinding, attracts less bugs, and doesn't drain your battery down. It's definitely a good idea.

#13 ·
I use Gene's chem lights for my Kat Bobbers which are awesome but when I want to light up my rod tip I use an LED bobber light. You can turn them off and on and they are super bright and last quite a few all nighters. You can also find them as a kit with a rubber clip to clip them on your rod tip for about $3.

#14 ·
If you're talking about using a glow stick in place of your stern light, be sure to check your regs first. If I'm not mistaken, the Coast Guard regs require that it be a white light. Of course, those regs don't apply to all waters, but state regs often say the same thing.

#15 ·

Excellent tip that I have been doing since the mid 80's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.