Nightfishing from bank around Conway (city not lake)

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by I_try, May 26, 2006.

1. I_try

I_try New Member

State:
    Central Arkansas
    A friend and i are gonna camp out somewhere on sunday night and catfish all night hoping to catch enough for a fry the next day (memorial day). Any advice on places to go around conway? needs to be public and have a decent place to fish, i live close to toad suck and figure thats were ill go but just wondering if there were any other hot spots i could bank fish from.

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    If you do go to Toadsuck, there's a deep hole out from the launching ramp. If you stand at the bottom of the ramp and look over to the sandbar on the jetty, there's a 25'-30' hole about 2/3 of the way over to the sandbar. The hole would be easier to fish from the jetty, and you could fish the sandbar, too.

3. I_try

I_try New Member

State:
    Central Arkansas
    thanks jerry, i remember you tellin me abuot that hole a while back, but i just figured out i was fishin it wrong, i thought you meant to the left of the boat ramp i could acces it, are you referring to the sandbar along the jetty or when the waters low and it actually comes out into that little cove?

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    That's the one. Occasionally, you'll see people from the campground there swimming. You can reach the hole with a long cast from the launching ramp if you want. Or, you can go out on the jetty that goes way out in the river. If you go to where the jetty takes a left turn at the tree, you can make a relatively short cast to the hole.