Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Nightcrawlers dewys dew worms

848 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JERMSQUIRM 
#1 ·
man what a mess. well first we had some 70 degree days here this weekend. not good though with the storms and all we had. but thats another story.

it was raining all weekend and 70 even at night after midnight. the worms were out like mad.

i got me a little l,e,d, energizer light from walmart that cilps on the hat bill. it was $7 and is real bright. got on my knees and got me 8-9 dozen worms picked up and put into a styrofoam omaha steaks shipping container i found a couple years ago with worm bedding. works great keeping them cool.

now the temps are back into the 40s and 20s at night. dang. i wanted to hit some of the ponds around here soon. and with the storms the creeks are flooded out. any ways how many of ya all pick up your own dew worms?

heck only took me an hr or less to pick all these up. the ground was so wet they slid right out. they were thick as thieves. i only hit a 30'x30' area in the yard. i could have went into buisness if ide hit it all. lol.:eek:

#4 ·
Between the rocks and red clay dirt in this part of Arkansas I'd be lucky to even find a worm. Used to get enough in one night to last all summer when I was in Illinois. Had me an old refrigerator and had some boxes made to fit the shelves and filled with Buzz bedding. Kept the worms fat and sassy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.