Night Vs. Day

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by TheMick, Sep 28, 2008.

1. TheMick

TheMick New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anybody have any luck fishing in the day lately? What's everyones thoughts on techniques for day fishing?

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I do pretty good during the day fishing structures and currents .
    I do know a lake that you only catch fish during the day it seems at night they go to bed ....lol

3. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    I fish the Meramec all the time, and during the day i catch more fish than night. Early in the morning i use cut shad, and from about 11 oclock i switch to Sonny stink bait and continue to catch fish till about dark.

Here latley i have been without fresh shad and using Sonnys only and have been catching a lot of fish from 1lb to 5lb.

I personelly have not caught any fish larger than 5 lbs on stink bait.

Today i went out and barley kept to poles in the water using Sonnys, they wouldnt stop. And the night before stayed out till 11:30pm with only a couple nibbles.

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Welcome to the BOC Corey

5. TheMick

TheMick New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Manny,
    Thanks for the info. I fish the meramec all the time as well. Are you fishing the lower end, down there in Arnold? Have you ever fished around where it meets the miss.? I am hoping to get down that way soon, but now that the water is coming down again, it might be a little difficult with my boat. I have a prop motor, and higher up the river it gets pretty shallow... I just bought a new prop so I get a little worried.

6. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    I too have a prop moter and its plenty safe average water depth is about 10 feet to 18 feet in channel today (Sunday) I usually head toward the mississippi when fishing. I have been fishing the channel , bridge pilings, rocks near channel and feeder creeks during the day.

Its not till it gets really low ( When your putting in at the very bottom of the ramp where it might get unsafe for prop motors) But ill still put in and use the trolling motor to go out a little bit before starting motor.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Another welcome to the BOC Corey.

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Wecome to the BOC Corey. Glad to have ya.

Tom

9. TheMick

TheMick New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I appreciate it! I am looking forward to speaking with everyone in the future.
    Good luck to all.

10. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I fish the Meramec and Mississippi all the time.I have a jet,so shallower water levels don't affect me as much.I can tell you that a prop boat is good to go until the water level drops to around nine-ten feet.If you put in at Flamm City,the other side of the river is the deepest channel.On the Mississippi,I have my best luck in a certain oxbow on the Illinois side,near the confluence of the Meramec.I also do well behind the wingdikes up toward Kimmswick.Try the deep scour holes behind the dikes in current.6-12 oz. wieghts are needed,but the biggest cats lay in these holes.Use fresh cut shad for bait,and a stout hook,size from 7/0-10/0.Hope this helps,and good luck.

11. deerhunter1626

deerhunter1626 New Member

State:
    missouri
    hey manny this is kevin add mw back to ur yahoo and ill explain why i got a new name ok? thanks deerhunter1626@yahoo.com

12. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    Wecome to the BOC Corey. The bite has seemed to turn off after midnight and not start up again until after 8:00 AM.

13. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Welcome Corey:smile2: I love fishing at night and most of my catfishing through the year are all nighters. However, the past week I have been doing much better during the day light hours compared to late night.

14. deerhunter1626

State:
    missouri
    hey michaelknuckles this is kevin add me to your yahoomail deerhunter1626@yahoo.com and ill explain to you why i got a new name

15. deerhunter1626

State:
    missouri
    this is kein add me to yahoo messenger or call my cell i lost ur number 314-803-7099 this is for michaelknuckles

16. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welcome to THE GREAT BOC Corey!!!:smile2:

17. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    We have recently started catching flatheads out of river holes in the daytime here in Georgia. Our surface temp. is in the low 70's.