Night Trip Friday!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by irishpride42, Jul 25, 2007.

1. irishpride42

irishpride42 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was wondering if you guys could help out a little. We are heading to Jordan Friday night for a night trip and didnt know where else we should fish besides the Ebenezer bridge. We will have 6-8 crappie rods and 4 cat rods. Also, we have those styrofoam floating lights, have those worked alright for any of you? Anything besides minnows for crappie and cut bait/chicken liver for cats that you all have had better luck on?

Thanks!

2. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    For the Crappie, don't fish under any bridge right now. The little White Perch will eat all your minnows and making catching keeper Crappie very hard. I would go to the Farrington boat ramp this time of year. Go under the Farrington bridge and there is a danger buoy on your right. It drops straight down from about 5 feet to 25 feet. Light up the drop. The fish are hanging around in 14-18 feet right now. Get your baits over water about that deep.

For the catfish....live bream and cut Gizzard shad. Turn off all your Crappie lights and head over to the island right next to you. Anchor facing the island (so the bridge is in front of you) and fish the bank out to about 8 feet deep. The big channel cats run around that island at night to feed. Also fish the banks behind that danger buoy (parallel to the road). That whole area is very, very fishy this time of year. I might be out and about Friday night as well........there is a picture of my boat on my site at greggofish.com

3. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    if you go out to the buoy off to the right of that is a real bad spot raise the big motor up i forgot about it the other day and bent my trolling motor a little the farrington area is an awesome place for some night time crappie. I've had better luck with the lite tube that you drop in the water bout 2 ft.

4. BuzzingCatfish

BuzzingCatfish New Member

State:
    NC
    Yep - it can get real shallow fast in that part of the lake.