Night time scares?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by drthomasholmes, Aug 11, 2009.

1. drthomasholmes

drthomasholmes New Member

State:
    pa
    New here. Since we tend to do a lot of fishing, at night, at secluded places on the river, I was just wondering if anyone has any good stories? Homeless people, rats, etc. One time my uncle found a body in the weeds down by Girty's Run where it flows into the Allegheny. Definitely good for a shock!

2. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA

Beaver ! ! got ran out of a good spot last year the S.O.B was swimming around a fallen tree that was in the water and on the bank.. did not want me their at all.. several tail slaps and alot of hissing.. when he started to get closer and all i had was my net , i knew it was time for me to leave :wink:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think I have heard bigfoot on several occasions, no I am not kidding:big_smile:

4. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm so with you on that one.

5. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

:crazy::eek:oooh:

Glad we do not have them in Missouri

6. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Been run off by beaver as well. Didn't notice it in the dark, so he got my attention with a tail slap in the water about 12' from me.

Other than that, when I was in Alabama last week, looking for a spot for bank fishing, one of the locals was trying to help me out. He said the only thing I had to look out for was the occasional alligator stomping around the woods.

Naturally, everything was a gator to me that evening. Every snapped twig in the woods, every splash in the water...heck, when a fellow fisherman walked up to chat, all I saw was a gator in a ball cap! :crazy::smile2:

Yeah, we don't have gators in Indiana.

7. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    When I lived in the Houston area I had my share of meeting some gators. Not fun at all.

8. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    i had a deer about 10 feet behind me, never knew it till it madew that loud wheeze, that spooked the hell outta me, ya i know it was just a deer, but the sudden sound at 1 am when i was kinda in a daze almost made me soil my drawers

9. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    One time lastyear I was sitting on a rock re-rigging on of my rods and I heard something rustle some leaves close by. I looked over to my left and their was a racoon about 5' from me. He cought me by suprise and I gave him a face full of my uglystick. I jacked him with the butt end of my rod and I think that caught him by suprise, cause he took off like a bat out of hell. Normally I wouldn't do something like that but it was all instinct at that point. I flet bad after about 15 min. after the fact and threw a few of my smaller gills in the woods in the direction he went. They were gone when I left, so I guess he was cool with me after that.:cool2:

10. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Brain welcome to the B.O.C. this is a great site with lots of good info an also a lot of great members on here :cool2:

11. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I had a terrifying experience the other night, i looked in the cooler and all the beer was gone!!!! :smile2:

haha but yeah i've had my run ins with coons and whatnot, it's very easy to get spooked when you're out there, especially when you're alone.

12. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The howl of a pack of coyotes sends shivers up your spine.If you have ever heard this you know what i mean.

13. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    DSCF1036 (Small).jpg

I don't leave my windows down anymore!

14. Now that's the scariest thing I EVER heard!!!!!!!!:wink::smile2::smile2:

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    awe man... ya can't let those beaver win. I love to watch the new-bees I take fishing crap their pant when a beaver cannon balls the water right beside the boat-lmao... I'm sadistic like that...:big_smile:
    Gators would be different... I think I'd have to move where there werent any gators. lol

16. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Some local spots used to freak me out because people would come up behind me,one other time a big buck stared me down he even stomped his hoof and snorted at me I was bangin my rods against a fence and yellin at him then he finally jetted into the woods,I sighed with relief I thought the damned thing was gonna charge me:smile2::smile2:

17. The scariest thing that ever happend to me night fishing was almost getting run over by a speed boat while anchored up fishing, lights on:angry:.

We're talking about a 30 footer doing 45 mph vs. an anchored 14' Aluminum:eek:oooh:. I absoloutely was ready to jump ship:crazy:, definately under 5' clearance off my bow:angry:.

One thing about the time I put in on the water, is I know most of the locals and where they moor thier boats. That fella learned his lesson the hard way, a pulled drain plug and a dead carp make a nice stinky, wet interior by morning.:wink:

That's the most scary thing to me at night on the boat, is the near collisions because of people not paying attention, or no lights on:confused2:.

The second scariest is some thing in my stretch in the woods that makes this blood-curdling screaming sound:embarassed:. The V-Team has got to know what I'm talking about! I'd be napping with one eye open along that bank.:wink: That's a horrible sound.:eek:oooh:

18. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Seems like there's always plenty of coyotes and racoons runnin around.

19. WayneV

WayneV Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Northporttroller, thats just me and mike messin around with ya when we see ya anchored up on the point of that island. :smile2:

20. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    we've had coon's walk up on us several times, it doe's shock the sh*t out of ya, the one nite i was eatin a hoogie and one came out so i kept tossin him chunks of my sandwich, i just hate when bats hit my lines