Night time blues

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by caneycat, Jul 29, 2008.

1. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have been wanting to go night fishing for blues for a few weeks now and I finally said I am going! We loaded up the boat and left about 6:30PM and got to the spot about 7:00PM baited up and waited, I guess it was about an hour later I I got to first fish if the evening, a small gar and then nothing till about 10:00PM when a rod that I had put in front of me with the clicker on and a 4 inch fat kat bobber set in 5 foot of water started to scream, I picked it up and set the hook and the fight was on. A minute or two later I had the fish in the boat, and It was a 5 or 6 lb blue!
    [​IMG]
    After a pic I went to weight him but the batteries were dead in my scale... oh well he was not that big. After that I caught one more small gar and then the clicker stared to scream one more time and it was about a 3 lb blue!
    [​IMG]
    Them after losing a big fish that I think was a gator gar we decided to call it a night and go home. All in all it was a good night and I am happy with the fish I caught.

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Great job CC. Keep'um coming.

3. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good job Dylan! Thats two blues more than I caught on my last night trip.:wink:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on catching some good blues, too bad about the gar, I hate those dang fish

5. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Me too!

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I still would love to catch a gator gar though! Saw MonsterQuest on the History Channel last night and they featured a guide catching gator gar. They took a producer or something out, and he hooked into a 'common' 100+lb gator gar. That would be amazing to experience.

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Dylan thats some nice Blues.

8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Nice Cats My Brother