night stik by king hawk , glowstic

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by slikk03, May 16, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i was wanting a heavy action rod for horsing flatheads of the bottem, so i went down to the shop seen this rod, for 15 bucks cheap, hevy action, only problem i seen was the line giuges dident looke like metal,lol, anybody used these, are they good, i coudent pass it up it was on sale big time, its red and yellow at the tip with big eylets, then on the rod it says glowstick, will this hold up, or will it be useless in a year

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Shoot man for 15 bucks who cares. I would give it a try no matter what. Cheap is right up my alley.

Tom

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    only one way to find out.let us know how it works out.

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
  5. RiverFever

RiverFever New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have a kinghawk 10 foot rod,had it for three years ,they must be made by American Spirit because there almost identical to there rods.Ive had it for three years and do alot of bank fishing with it so its had some abuse and Its handled some nice fish without a problem.

6. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    They are the same rod, more or less. They were called the KingHawk when PacHawk was the manufacturer (before American Premier bought them).

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    so their alright,for 50 pounders

8. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I'd go for it. should make a good rod.

Here is a little something to think about with the production rods. That big hawg Radish got that bottomed his 100# scales on. He mentioned in the detail section that he was using a shakespeare heavy action rod.

There are some good rods out there for the buck. I know some guys who have the glowsticks, seem to be happy with them. Take care of the rods and they seem to pay for them selves.

9. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I THINK THE BERKLY GLOWSIKS ARE UNBEATABAL FOR THE PRICE, ID LIKE A TEN FOOTER THATS THE SAME , IT SAILS WITH POWER PRO AND A 4 OZ WEGHT AND PULLED IN A 50 POUND FLATHEAD IN 5 MINUITS ALL ROD NO REEL EXEPT FOR THE DRAG SLIPPING LIKE IT SHOULD, BUT IM TALKING ABOUT A KING HAWK, ITS RED AND WHITE WITH A YELLOW TIP, ITS NOT THE ONE I DESCRIBED ABOVE, IT SAYS GLOWSTIC ON THE ROD, BUT ITS NOT BERKLY