Night shift workers

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by onlyone, May 27, 2006.

1. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I had to work night shift this friday and saturday nights. 11p-7:30a. I've never worked a night shift before and after this weekend, hopefully I never will again. I dont know how you night shift guys do it. It sucks

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I always thought I'd love the 3-11 shift.
    I'd get home and get to bed pretty much at my usual time and get up about 7AM leaving me the majority of a day to fish or whatever.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I worked night shift for 15 years just so I'd have time to hunt and fish. You're right...it sux. However, when they make you work six and seven days a week, it's the only way to get fishing and hunting in.

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Night time is when i fire up my pete and go to work not as many idiots in cars out there.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Quit your whinein. LOL! Ya got a job.

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Got that right! in this day and age a person should be happy to be working any shift.

7. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio
    amen, too many people think it is your right to have a job, and it isn't, it's a privilage, even though most days it doesn't seem that way.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have worked the graveyard shift and hated it, never felt rested..I now work 2nd shift and prefer it.

9. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    I never could get used to 3rd shift.

2nd shift, OTOH, is a beaut.

10. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I work a 12 hour swing shift 8 to 8. Four weeks on days and for weeks on nights, 3 or 4 days a week. Sometimes 7 days. I don't know if I'm supposed to get up or go to bed.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Right on! The same thing I told people for 32 years.

I worked swing shift for 18 years. I didn't mind morning shift. I love the long changes after morning tour... get off on Friday 7AM and don't go back until Wednesday at 3PM, that happen every 28 days.
    Morning shift wasn't bad after the first one... after the first one I could sleep every day until about 4PM.

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I worked swing shift for 40 years.Most of it was a 7 day swing in maintenance and I was subject to call.I never knew for sure when I would have to go to,or get off from work.I have worked months without a day off and had many vacations canceled.I worked inside,outside,on tall structures in heat,rain,sleet,snow,ice,hail,wind and lightning.I made a good living for my family,and I did not have the weekend crowds around when I fished or hunted or just got out.I never once remember canceling a trip due to weather.Whatever the weather,it was a normal day for me.Now I did have a lot of people back out of going with me.Also.A MSR XGK Stove was a requirement,as they work well in all of the above weather.They work well on any fuel including your 2 cycle outboard mix.Few people think of or even know of the millions of people making it possible for them to drink that cup of coffee in a warm room on a bad day,or go shopping at the mall.To this day,3 am or 3 pm is no different to my body and it,s routine when it comes to eating,sleeping,etc.The main advantage of night shift,is the lack of people when you are off.All of the "Day Shift Riff Raff" as we called them are at work.peewee-williams

13. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    I love the night shift. No bosses to put up with, nor the everyday stress that comes with working with all the people on day shift. Back when I was younger, we'd work till 7am, hit the bar and drink and play darts till noon, go to sleep, get ready for work, and do it all over agian.

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Working nights leaves me very little time for the wife and kids. Im just waitin for my winning lotto ticket to come through:big_smile: !

15. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Wife is an RN and works from 7 pm to 7 am, comes home, eats a bite and goes to bed. I go fishing. No fights, never see her long enough. Kinda lonesome at nights tho. But I got my lil Cocker Spaniel. LOL

16. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    I work a swing shift 7am-3pm for 5 days then off 4days .
    Go in at 3pm till 11pm for 6 days off 2 go in at 11pm till 7am
    for 7 days then off 2 days.:tounge_out:

BIGCAT GarryEads

17. catfishman2821

catfishman2821 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I have worked night shift for 5years. I love it. I work 6-3:30am mon-thurs. and 4-2:30 am. on sun. I love it.