night or day?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by cali2ohio, Aug 12, 2008.

1. cali2ohio

cali2ohio New Member

State:
    Milford, OH
    is it better to fish the gmr during the day or at night?

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    to be honest,i don't know much about the gmr.but,there are a lot of people who catch them day or night,in all kinds of waters.the key is to where you will be fishing.at night,you should be fishing shallower water,looking for prime feeding areas.evening and morning,look for traveling routes between feeding and bedding areas.in the day,look for deeper water with structure,like log jams and rock piles,or even drop offs and points.
    early spring and fall are some really good times to fish,and the fish can be all over the shallows either gorging for the winter in the fall or gorging from the long winter,those can be some of the best and fun times.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Day or night you can catch them, it is technique and presentation that changes. There are several good threads in the library to help you with this

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you are fishing good spots you can catch them day or night. I've had good luck during both.

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We fished the GMR the other day and had no bites at all after the sun went down

6. cali2ohio

cali2ohio New Member

State:
    Milford, OH
    i dont know if i should fish saturday night to sunday morning or just fish all day sunday, morning to night

7. cali2ohio

cali2ohio New Member

State:
    Milford, OH
    i think ill just do both.....lol. just not fish til morning come home around midnight, sleep, wake up and then go to my other spot and fish all day

8. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LOL yeah thats sounds like what I would do to !
    Best of Luck, Matt, AKA DESOE