Night or Day Fishing.

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by katfishbangin, May 21, 2007.

1. katfishbangin

katfishbangin New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Do you prefer night or day fishing. Both has its cons and pros. I enjoy night fishing myself. Only thing is seeing the line move when a kitty kat hits it, Besides the glo sticks , and bread on the line what is a good way to see the line without having a bright light on. But night or day you choose. Go Bears:lol:

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I use the glow tips that clip on to the rod. I also saw a product online (the name escapes me right now). It was a small rod tip light that operates on battery power. other than that...all I can think is to get a good rod holder and wait for the run!

3. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I prefer night fishing. Its cool, calm and time goes by faster. The only bad part is coming home at 2 in the morning and having a stringer of fish to clean.

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    AGREED! lol

been there done that : )

5. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    i prefer to fish late evening and early mornings. but i have caught them in august in the middle of the day at 90 degrees outside and fishing sand bar areas , if i had to pick i would say night since its so calm and u see and hear alot on the river

6. BigCATDADDY01

BigCATDADDY01 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey I like fishin at night especially when its hot, I use something called lunker lights you can get em at any wal mart for about 3 dollars. Make sure you get the holders and the glowsticks because they are sold seperately.

7. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Clinton
    I also love fishing at night, but not the bugs. I use a combination of things, glow lights probably the best, but I also have wrapped red reflective tape on the ends of my rods, and use a kerosene lantern which shows the rods, and doesn’t attract bugs. I also usually have a bell hung on the rod tip as I get sleepier. I have also resorted to the old gravel in a empty "soda can" and a wrap around of the line when I know the peepers are going to be going closed. I also fish reels with clickers at night, and one rod with me with the line wrapped around the finger trick. Luck

8. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    ive seen these in walmart in the kids department .... they are glo sticks that u can wrap around ur rod tips .... they are really cheap ... and they last about 2 hours .

9. wabash fisherman

wabash fisherman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I perfer the day just because its easier to see objects in the river

10. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i prefer to fish when the fish are biting. but when that doesnt work. i normally just go whenever i feel like it. it can be three am and i wake up and decide to go. or it can be 1 in the afternoon. to me it just doesnt matter when i hit the water. just as long as i still have time to hit it, thats all i care about. but when i do fish at night. i have a real nice light that i mount on my boat that lights the back of my boat up like its daytime.

11. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I'm with Steve, my favorite time is when the fish are biting lol. But I really do like night fishing, there's always less people out on the water and the catfish generally are more active. My biggest fish for the most part have come just before it gets dark or really early in the morning just before the sun comes up. I used to use a lantern all the time fishing, but I've read more and more about how most fish don't like strange lights. So I now just put bells on my poles and stick strictly to flashlights, and I have one small head light that clips to the brim of my hat, allowing me to tie hooks and take fish off the hook and all that without having to have somebody hold a flashlight for me or anything.

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    70 percent of My big flatheadfs come in the daytime from deep water, so I prefer it.

13. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Was wondering how fast the current is on the Scioto River? And when you say deep how deep and how many oz of lead does that take? I just started fishing the Missouri and its pretty fast current, some holes 38 ft deep. And I want to buy some molds this winter. I've tried up to 8oz so far and that wont hold so any help would be appreciated!!! Glad to see your having a gooood year.

14. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i prefer to fish when the fish are biten if its hot i will be fishing at night fall an winter ill start fishing durin the day

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I prefer night for one big reason. Enjoyment.
    There is no way I would get on these resevoirs to catfish on weekends during the day. Weekends is when I can fish.
    I wouldnt get on these resevoirs for pay on the weekends during the day.

You'll find me rolling in about 6PM when everybody is tired, out of gas, crackers, Vienies, potted meat, beer ,and Coca Cola. They give it up. I take it.:smile2:

I would much rather be on the water at night.

16. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Hi Clinton,
    I noticed nobody gave you any lip for rooting for the bears in Colts territory, sorry about last season:smile2:

Sorry man, someone had to do it.

I always prefer fishing at night. By far, I have had the most luck with flatheads right around sunrise.

Good Luck!

17. riverfishinfool

riverfishinfool New Member

State:
    ohio
    night fishing with clicker bails works good. if the fish doesnt hit it hard enough to pull out the clicker bail your probably not going to catch them anyway

18. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i,m like most guys in the summer i try to fish at night and on lakes only at night due to water traffic . but as summer ends til spring i change to days and change tactics for the fish

19. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Night fishing without a doubt for catfish.

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I prefer night but will fish anytime!