Night On River Ends With A Bang!!!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Sep 25, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well DrPepper Decided to invite a few fellow members up our way to do a little fishin.. My boat not being ready and calling into work and the boss not happy about it made my mood a little testy.. But knowing i was going to be hitting the river for the night more then made up for it.

Well after catching some gills and finally getting everything ready, Me, Bill ( DrPepper ),Steve(Flootie16) and Shane ( Skippie2use ) all set out on a White River adventure.

Well the rain had been coming down all day long and we all thought for sure the bite was going to be on...

Me and Steve set up on the first hole and wouldnt you know.. 1 bite for 2 hours.. so we decided to move up river... We set on some submerged timber and instantly we began getting bites.. Missed the first one but caught the second on and the Steve hooks one.. I get mine in and its about a #4 channel cat... I was happy knowing I wasnt getting skunked at this point and Steve lost the fish he had set on and was getting pretty restless..

One minute it was raining the next minute nothing!!.. We tried going up river a little further a short time later to realize it just wasnt deep enough.. So we decided to head back down.. Then realized we had a little much water in the boat so we made a pit stop at the ramp and drained all 40 gallons out of the boat...

After that was done we head down to see what Bill and Shane had going on.. We found them not far from where we left them and tried a few holes with very little luck.. We move a little further down and i start picking up alot of fish in a decent size hole and we decide to turn around and check it again.. Steve then suggest anchoring near some submerged timber and we set anchor perfect and lines go out..

Mean while why all this is going on we have Bill pretending to be Mr. I Own Everything and Shane#2 playing balance beam on log jams..

Well anyways, after just a few short minutes my clicker began to go off.. but nothing really comitting.. But all the same they were biting jsut not eating.. That is until Steve asked if he should try by the submerged timber
    I said "Go for it "
    He said " I am '
    His first cast was almost a snag but his second was placed perfect for within minutes he had a #25.40 Flatty in the boat.( which is the biggest fish landed in that boat since Ive owned it ).
    This fish had a serious attitude.. I tried to net it..NOPE!!! To Big.. I Tried to lip it ( Left handed ) NOPE, To fast!.. so after a few more tries of getting free Steve gets her in the boat.. Shes a very nice fish and one I had never beleived exsisted in that stretch of river.. ( Due to the Paylake by the ramp ) She was a beauty.. And made Steves night.. You could tell he was getting bummed out right before he set that hook. Then it was on..

Well after a few more trys and a little salt rubbin into the wounds of the other two fishless guys..:wink::smile2: we all decided to head out.. Shane had to leave quicly but Steve , myself and bill all stuck around for a little BS session and then made our ways home..

But it doesnt end there.. Steve had to pull my boat to my house before heading home so as we try and unhitch the trailer it appears to get stuck and so we remove the ball hitch and get it unstuck. I place the hitch back into place pick up the trailer to move the boat beside my house and BANG!!!!!! I smash my hand in between the hitch and the trailer tounge.. Talk about waiting till the time was right!! I had thought for sure the black cloud had found someone else to mess with so assumed all was good.. But now that im certain I have a fractured hand I know it never really left me at all..

But i had a great time. Wish we were more productive.. and could have been if it wasnt a time issue on for the Float.. But we can always try again..

and Skippie, Thanks for the orr and life jackets.. they are very much appreciated..

Flootie Thanks for the company and conversation.. Congrats on the fish!!

Attached Files:

2. billyballard

billyballard New Member

State:
    Dugger,Indiana
    Congrats on a nice flatty.. I was wondering how the action would be in the rain... Our end of the white has came up almost a foot and I am hoping to get on it before it falls back down... Sorry to hear about your hand Shane thats gotta hurt... Gonna be hard to reel them hogs in now...

3. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    heres some more pics..

Attached Files:

4. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    The release and the Four Horsemen:smile2:

Attached Files:

5. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    And last but not least the gift my precious Black Cloud brought me...:confused2::angry:

Attached Files:

6. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Im willing to bet the river came up a foot while we were out there.. As fot the hand.. it sucks but i moved the boat anyway. and aint no way it will keep me from catching fish.. I could have nubs and still find a way!!:smile2:

7. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounded like a interesting night, nice fish Steve! Sorry to hear about your hand Shane you must have hung around bs ing too long and gave the cloud time to brew something up.

8. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    now you know how the catfish feels!! Congrats on the big flat, I would have thought the rain would have put them on last night too.

9. billyballard

billyballard New Member

State:
    Dugger,Indiana
    Hopefully my job is rained out again tonight so I can go chase some big pigs myself.. :wink:

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Damn shane *sigh* lol

Is that the same hand you got that bloody flatty rash on, or was that your other paw?

I would've bet money on a good night, but we didn't do the "float"- which was bummer # 1, but probabaly a good thing with all things considered. Captain Shane (WRBC) WTG dude, you got 'er together at the last minute and got on some fish.... hooked or not, as tough as it was, you we're on 'em like hair on a gorrilla.
    Flootie, Congrats on that flattie bud... after driving that far, you deserved every bit of it man.... I'm glad to have met ya.
    Skippy2use, Thanks for everything buddy. Man, that was some killer flattie bait you bought along :eek:oooh: It's amazing we didn't put some hogs in the boat on a night like last night.....

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  11. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    Nice fish flootie, but what is up with the fish around here i thought for sure you guys would have had a boat load of fish.

12. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats Steve, nice flat.

Bill & Shane, ya'll practiced up for TC? We got the snaggiest timber coves ya ever saw, flatty heaven!

Shane, if you are gonna drag that black cloud over here with ya, maybe you should reconsider bringing the bandaid lady. :smile2:

Skippi and Flootie, ya'all ought to come over to TC on the 9th, the more the merrier.

13. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    saids like you guys had great time on the white congrats steve on the flattie

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  14. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Congrats on the nice fish,sound like you guys had a great time. hate you had a miss hap but it seems that fishing and a few problems just go to geather I know I have my share.:crazy:

15. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry guys I did make it home hours ago. Passed out I rally do think I died. At least my back feels like it. Thanks guys it was fun. By the way BILL and I didnt get skunked just know picture fish. Bill put me on a couple of good fish I just couldnt get them in the boat.

16. gdog bigcat

gdog bigcat Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the posts, guys! I wish I could have been out there, too. I thought for sure you were going to slay them. I can't figure out where the flatties have gone....

17. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    OUCH!! Man after that I would have had to get some KY tooth ache medicine:smile2:

18. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Well verdict is I have two fractures. ( Boxers fracures ) in my hand and all they gave me was a splint and a ace bandage... And to top it off Im gonna have a busy night tonight.. So im sure there are gonna be a few people to rough up!! LOL....

I need to spend a whole day working on that boat.. And install that Hummingbird.. Then everything should be 100% better.. But I still like that Eagle Ultra Classic... It pretty accurate concidering how long it went unused...

19. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Shane, that sounds like quite the night man! Thanks for the pics.

20. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wish you coud've been there too,,, problem here was, I got too stubborn on one certain spot and stayed there when I should've moved the boat around and hunted them instead of waiting for them to come to us.. I think I blew (big time) what could've been a really good night for putting flatties in the boat.