Night lites

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Dadoftwo, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Does the submersible lights work for attracting catfish or are they mainly for baitfish? Which type or style of light works the best?

2. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    From what i have experienced they just attract numbers of bait fish, which draws the cats in closer. I used them only when bank fishing though, used green and blue ones.

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i would not use a light at night. most people that i kow that chase cats at night will agree with me, no light around them what-so-ever. if they have to use a light in their boat it is usually a green or red one, and only for as long as they need it on, and never shined into the water. the lights tend to spook cats.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thats my philosiphy and I will stick with it.Lights are a no no in my book, espescially when fishing in shallow water. Flatheads like it dark- no moon and no other light whatsoever.

5. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    ive always had good luck with the light...salt and freshwate including ponds and lakes

6. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks for the advice. I really did not think it would be a good thing but had to ask anyway.