Night Lines?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jaybird78, Jul 11, 2007.

1. jaybird78

jaybird78 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anybody know anything about night lines?

2. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    what do ya mean when ya say "night lines" are ya talking about limb lines or bank lines?

3. jaybird78

jaybird78 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Not sure! completely blind on this. I live by a river and one of my friends was talking about his dad putting night lines out and his dad catching like 3 cat a night?

4. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    oh he is probally runnin limb lines or bank lines...maybe even a trot line...he just ties his lines onto a branch or shove a stick or pipe into the ground and ties his lines onto it, baits them, and leaves them out over night. its a very easy way to take cats and other fish if ya got the time

5. jaybird78

jaybird78 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I see might have to give it a try in the near future.

6. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    As a general note, you might want to check your local fishing regulations before you do that. Trotlines are illegal out here in California. Other people on the board have mentioned that they are required to label their trotlines with name and address.

I hope things work out for you.

-- Rich

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's what it sounds like to me.
    I have tied on to someting at bank, tree limb or whatever, go on bout my buisness and check on it now and then. we call it throw lines.

I agree.
    Before doing any kind of fishing, I would check your fishing regulations. Any store you buy a hunting/fishing license should have a reg. book on counter, free to take. Also can look it up on your state, parks and wildlife web site.

since your friend was talking about it, maybe ask him what he meant about night lines and go from there.
    Sometimes slang words mean different things in different areas.
    it could be, setting up poles for night fishing.

good luck fishing