Night light

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by coondog east fork, Dec 9, 2007.

1. coondog east fork

coondog east fork New Member

State:
    IND
    I have tryed alot of ways 4 lighting up my boat at night I have tryed lanterns and lanterns with aluminum foil and electronic lighting but the bugs would carry me off. 4 the last 4 or 5 yrs I have put 5 foot tiki torch poles in my or holes if you dont have ore holes you could use PVC pipe to hold your torch poles the bugs dont carry me off anymore u can see your fishing poles good and the best thing it does not take much money I have a 16 foot big jon it works great 4 me but I mite just be a redneck lol :big_smile:

2. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i like to use a black lite randell

3. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Black lights work great for me also. If I have my wife on the boat or the kids at night I have a extendable paint roller pole that I have modified to clip LED lights on and I can raise the 12 feet above the boat. Keeps the bugs up high and allows everyone to see where they are putting there feet. I would love to find a red or green LED light light the white light I have been using. The light I use is a 24 LED UFO / disk light that will burn for about 24 hours on four AA batteries. You can find the cheap on Ebay. I got the ones I use from K-Mart.

Unless my family is on the boat, I only use the black lights. The less light the better. When I need light I use a LED light clipped on my hat bill.
    I also use a thermo-cell and it truly seems to work for the mosquitoes.

If I keep burning teki torches on my boat I would be in the paper. Headline would read. Fisherman found swimming in water, boat was a total lose to fire.:smile2:

4. coondog east fork

State:
    IND
    LOL it works 4 me dont have much to that will burn in my boat LOL

5. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Plus side if your hungry you can cook up some cat while fishing

6. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Randal,
    When jug fishing at night I use a hat light and a glow stick . The larger style glow stick for camping . Just lay it close to where you are baiting up works great no bugs. PAUL

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont have a boat but i camp down at Dale Hallow Lake in Tennessee and everyone uses black lights.... I have black lights so all i need now is a boat....

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i take 3 or 4 glow sticks and put them in a 20 ounce plastic bottle and i got bug free light all nite long.

9. coondog east fork

State:
    IND
    thanks guys I may try the glow sticks but I most likely will take my tiki's with me for back up LOL. I have a black light just dont really like it much

10. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Randall,
    Welcome to the BOC.As far as lighting, use whatever works best for you. Your the only one you have to please. My boat is wired up so that I can run 12 volt clamp lights. The shield keeps the light as well as the bugs away from you. These lights can be bought a Wal-Mart for about $6.00 The bulbs however are almost as much as the light itself and can be found at NAPA. They work real well. Just something for you to think about. rspd507

11. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    I put yellow running lights inside my jon boat on both sides i can use one side or both if i need to